ipod got stuck on updating do not disconnect but itunes did not update

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

darkdreams

I dont know what is happening, I hooked up my ipod so itunes could update it with some videos, the Ipod says do not disconnect but itunes is not updating. I have the 80gb video Ipod. This is the first problem I have had.
The ipod only has about 41gb of video on it. Itunes never even tried to update it just sat there while the ipods Hard Drive sounded like it was doing something.

I finnally just disconnected the ipod and held down the menu and select button to reset it so I dont know if its ok.
I am afraid to reconnect to itunes because I dont want it to happen again.

Can anyone shed some light on this? Does this sometimes happen. I did have the lock on the ipod on but I have updated with it on without a problem in the past.

Is this a common it happens sometimes thing with Itunes?

coachE

I had the same thing happen to me this morning. I hooked it back up and it worked fine. Synced and charged and ready to go.

neb

This usually happens when you plug your iPod into your computer for the very first time, it happened for me on both of my previous iPods. I would disconnect the device, contrary to what the screen says, and presume it has become frozen and its status will not change. Do plug it back on though, everything should be fine and dandy.

Eric Lewis

Apple Lover
usually during the updating ipod..and it doesnt tell you want its updating it usually syncing playcounts..ratings..skip counts...etc

gilbo

i had it happen to me yesterday, just unplugged, reset, got the apple on the screen , everything was fine , didnt lose any song or video, then started up itunes and updated like normal

neb

gilbo said:
i had it happen to me yesterday, just unplugged, reset, got the apple on the screen , everything was fine , didnt lose any song or video, then started up itunes and updated like normal
This is the usual practice and I wouldn't be surprised if the same happened in the case of the original poster.

darkdreams

I unplugged it and had to wait for ever for me to be able to reset it, I havent tried to rehook it up as I had to go to work, Itunes didnt show that anything was updated after an hour so I unplugged it and went to bed 5 hours later I held the select and menu to reset the battery was almost dead, my ipod is playing fine but nothing was updated, I will go home and try again, it may have been a glitch.
I have updated my ipod about 20 times so its not a new thing.
Hopefully it will work when I go home hook it up to my computer