iPod Getting Abit Faint!

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

~tl

Well the screen on my iPod 3G seems to be a bit faint. I have to have it on 3/4 to full contrast to even be able to see the thing. At first I sort of thought this was normal, but after seeing my friends new 4G it seems mine might be faulty. Time to phone Apple methinks. See the attachment for a comparison of the screen on 1/2 contrast to my iBooks LCD. I'll try to get one against my friends new 4G in the next few days.

What do you guys think? I might try a restore, but I think its probably a hardware problem.

TOM

Attachments

Last edited:

dordale

I've read a few posts from forum members about resets/restores helping with contrast problems...I'd first try that, and if that doesn't help, and it's still under warranty, I'd get a hold of apple.

I have the contrast on my 3g set to about 1/3, and the screen is perfectly readable at that setting.

dordale :)

Doug Gilmour

Intelligentleman
Website
www.last.fm
My 3G sounds similar to your's, but not quite as bad... To see anything clearly mine needs to be at, at least 2/3 - 3/4 full.. I just keep it at around 7/8 for a comfortable contrast.. Very dim... :(

-Dan

IlIlIlIlIl

how did you get an orange iPod? I know it's not from colorware because the buttons are colored too?!

Morfious

Snowboarder / Arcade nut
Website
www.lazarus.org.uk
I've noticed the same thing happening to mine as well. I used to only have it on 1/4-1/2 to be real dark. Now I have to have it to 3/4 in teh same lighting conditions. I wonder if there is a problem with the display on these units? how long is teh warranty again? 1 or 2 years? I got mine right arround christmas last year so I may have to act fast if the warranty is only for 1 year.

swy32x

I have the same problem, but not as severe.

I have to keep my contrast up at about 3/4 for it to be comfortable.

However, I've noticed that the screen's on the 4G's I've seen have looked cheaper - having a purple text not a black one ...

I'd rather have contrast problems than a purple screen!

MartyMcPod

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing about the orange ipod. looks like a great job, but doesn't look like colorware.

~tl

It's just the lighting... but an orange iPod would be well cool!

I'll try a reset when I get home, see if that helps. If not then it might be time to call Apple.

TOM