Ipod froze cant reset any suggestions?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

darkdreams

Ok here is what happened I was playing music on my 5g 60 gig video Ipod, not problem then I go to play a podcast from nasacast video, I was playing the audio portion of the video and I select the 2-15-06 edition and what happens? My ipod freezes witht eh album art screen lit up, I tried to reset the Ipod using apples support for resetting. turned hold button on and off then held down the menu button for ten + seconds nothing, then tried turning the hold button on and off and holding down the menu and play/pause button for 10+ sec nothing, Now my Ipod is les then a month old I treat this like a glass baby I put it in a armbad neopren protective sleeve the protective plastic is still on the Ipod face, so what gives?? Anyone have any suggestions?

It was a ##### just to find this black ipod in stock, so am I going tohave to take this back I have the super warrenty from circuit city so its covers everythign even abuse, water ect.
I just can believe it died after less then a month.

Anyone have any suggestions on reseting or am I stuck taking it in for service? If so that is lame as I wont have a Ipod for a month, and if they replace it how long do I have to wait for it to get into stock, damn this sucks...

studogvetmed

Website
www.vandeventers.com
I think you are resting it wrong, you need to hold down the menu AND the select button together to reset a click wheel iPod. Unless I read your message wrong, I didn't read in your message anything about the select button. This could be your issue. Holding down menu and play was 3G and early ipods.

Reset with the following instructions.

Toggle the Hold switch on and off. (Slide it to Hold, then turn it off again.)
Press and hold the Menu and Select buttons until the Apple logo appears, about 6 to 10 seconds. You may need to repeat this step.

Last edited:

darkdreams

Re: iPod froze cant reset any suggestions?

darkdreams said:
Ok here is what happened I was playing music on my 5g 60 gig video iPod, not problem then I go to play a podcast from nasacast video, I was playing the audio portion of the video and I select the 2-15-06 edition and what happens? My ipod freezes witht eh album art screen lit up, I tried to reset the iPod using apples support for resetting. turned hold button on and off then held down the menu button for ten + seconds nothing, then tried turning the hold button on and off and holding down the menu and play/pause button for 10+ sec nothing, Now my iPod is les then a month old I treat this like a glass baby I put it in a armbad neopren protective sleeve the protective plastic is still on the iPod face, so what gives?? Anyone have any suggestions?

It was a ##### just to find this black ipod in stock, so am I going tohave to take this back I have the super warrenty from circuit city so its covers everythign even abuse, water ect.
I just can believe it died after less then a month.

Anyone have any suggestions on reseting or am I stuck taking it in for service? If so that is lame as I wont have a iPod for a month, and if they replace it how long do I have to wait for it to get into stock, damn this sucks...

Well I called Ipod and when I was waiting for tech support the voice message told me to reset that way (why that wasnt under resetting ipod in the support area I dont know) I tried it and it worked, of course I go to play the podcast and it freezes again, so I reset again so I guess nasa has a bunk podcast that freezes your ipod, is this an issue with Ipods? There should be an easier way to escape out of somthing rather then having to reset each time.
Oh well my Ipod is working now and I guess I learned somethign new about it.
Thanks for the info. :)

studogvetmed

Website
www.vandeventers.com
Trust me, it's in the support area: Going through the links from the main support page should take you here: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=61705 Where the instructions are :D

Glad your iPod is working again. I don't have a video iPod myself, but it does sound as if some files will cause some wild freezes from time to time. The file could be corrupt leading to a freeze. No telling if it is the iPods fault or the files fault. People have reported more pain with the 1.1 iPod firmware than the 1.0.

Cheers,
Stu