iPod Freezing while playing Songs (5G 60GB)

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

mishima

Please choose the appropriate forum for this topic. Thank you. Hello Guys,

I would like to share with you guys that recently my ipod had been freezing while playing the songs. It happened right after i upgraded the firmware to 1.1. As i've realized that it wasn't stable as far as im concerned (apart of getting video files scrambled out as most of you had encountered) I've decided to downgraded the firmware back to 1.0.

It works quite nicely for a couple of few days and i realized the "freezing" still occurs occasionally and its really getting annoying. The songs would just freeze while playing (and i'm pretty sure my mp3s are fine because it happens to other songs as well). Weird thing was that while the song are playing and when it hanged, i've still managed to browse the iPod menu.

When this hanging and freezing happened, I had to "reset/reboot" the iPod by holding the menu and the select button. Not too sure if any of you are facing the same problems with me, because i was thinking to send my ipod back for warranty. Anyway, I have a strong feeling that 1.1 firmware kinda killed my ipod.... because it doesnt happen to me before i've upgraded the firmware... :(

Anyone who had experienced this problem and got it fixed please do advice !! thankkkkk you..

TheBigNewt

Sounds like you may have it figured out, too bad. I have a question: I just got my 60gb, how do I see what firmware it has on it? I think it's 1.1 'cause it's brand new, but I don't know. Where's the info screen?