ipod doesnt play audiobooks

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

esgrossman

hi I just got my ipod, and am using ephpod on my windows me computer.
Audible Manager puts the books on my ipod but when I try to listen nothing happens.
What to do?
Thanks for the help
Elaine

Podunk

Elaine,
Which model ipod, which firmware?
Which version of Ephpod? Do you have MMJB also installed? IF so which version? Looks like you also have AudibleManager 4.0 with the iPod plugin right?

1) First thing I would do is make sure you have Ephpod 2.60f or higher.

2) As a temporary solution, try either of the following.

a) transfer both your books and music with Ephpod. Just use "add songs" and go the the folder where your Audible files are stored.

b) also, try to transfer your music with Ephpod First, then transfer Audible files with AudibleManager second. I think they will play. If not, go back to option A and at least you should be able to function until we get through the troubleshooting.

Good luck.
Parannoya

esgrossman

thanks for the reply parannoya,
I tried everything, now I'm switching my operating system over to xp. Because Ephpod 2.7 didnt work with ME.
Im still using MMJB, even though I dont like it, but it works with Audible Manager.
Once I get XP going I want to try to install Audible Manager and Ephpod before I install MMJB. I'll see how it goes from there.
If Ephpod doesnt work then I'll just suffer throught MMJB.
The Ipod is new so it has 2.01 on it.
I'd like to know what works best for you?
Thanks elaine

Podunk

Elaine,
I don't think your OS has anything to do with it but at the least, I"m sure you;ll appeciate XP over ME.

I am thoroughly familiar with what works on the Gen 1/2 Windows iPods with 1.26 firmware.

I only just got my Gen 3 so haven't been able to test every possible configuration yet. And I'm on the road at the moment. I'll test all the different working configurations for new iPods soon and post the results.

To be safe, the officially supported MMJB/AudibleManager pair should work for sure. I believe you need some of the files installed with MMJB from Apple CD in order for AudibleManager to work. If I were you, I'd go ahead and load MMJB for now. Its no problem to install MMJB and Ephod at the same time, as long as their not both running at the same time.

When I setup my new iPod, I went ahead and installed MMJB that came on the disc. (even though I don't use it) I loaded my new iPod for the first time using combo of Xplay for music and AudibleManager for books. That worked fine.

Anyhoo... I'll do some more testing in a few days. Good luck!

Podunk

Elaine, one more thing.
If you get Ephpod 2.7 installed only, I am sure that alone will work for both music and Audible files. So you could use just that and not worry about MMJB and AudibleManager.

But if you want to use MMJB, I believe that in that case, you would need to install the Apple software from the disc, along with MMJB.

esgrossman

dear parannoya

thanks for the help, everything works like a dream. I installed xp, and ephpod works perfectly with audible just as you said. I use audible just to download my books and ephpod does the rest. I think ME doesnt work with ephpod 2.7 thats why I couldnt hear my books.
take care
Elaine

Podunk

Excellent! I was worried you wouldn't get it to work.

Now that you have your Audible files loaded, are you aware of how to navigate the Audible files using the scrub and section navigation features?

Tap center button- volume bar changes to location bar with diamond. use scroll wheel to manually move around, or FF RW to move from one section to the next. A lot faster than the regular RW and FF function.

Gimme a buzz if you need any help! Enjoy