IPOD Classic Repair

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

silentdub

I have an IPOD Classic A1238 160GB, the hard drive is clicking away and not working so it is obviously shot. I was looking to replace the HDD and came upon a video where it was converted to an SD card with an Interface board to take the place of the HDD. Maybe even consider an SSD drive?

Has anyone converted to SSD? There seems to be a 40 and 44 pin HDD/SSD interface board available but not sure if it is a 40 or 44. Is there any limitation on the size I can install?

Found something like this on Bay:

This model is a 160GB but wondering if I could also go bigger say 256 or 512......

Found this video and many more.

What is the best option? Anyone have any experience in the conversion?

Appreciate any feedback you may have. I don't want a new one and want to keep this unit. It is practically brand new and has just been sitting for a while.

silentdub

I got it to work by doing a reset a few times, it comes on but the music on it is gone. I see it is 160gb but only a little more than 100gb available. Are there any utilities that can be run externally on it? I still want to go to an SD, seems to be more reliable than a standard HDD.