iPod Classic repair

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

muktijoddha

Hello everyone,
I have an iPod classic I bought about 6 years ago. It was running fine and because it was a 160 gb iPod, I decided to bunch it with many songs, most of them really rare collection. I kept it home, mostly as a "family inheritance" with the type of old music it had, not even taking it out to listen in a car, let alone run. A couple of days ago, my hand slipped while I was sitting on the floor and I dropped the iPod. This led to an immediate blackening of the screen and I saw it wasn't turning on anymore. The hard drive doesn't spin or anything. I searched through and realized that it must be that the battery or power source became dislodged from the other components. I tried to open it but realized I would need something to pry it open.

Then I decided to take it to an Apple store. Having taken to the store, they also told me that I can get a replacement for 299 but not a repair. I found it really funny to see the guys working in Apple store telling me their products aren't really to be disassembled, and they don't themselves know how the inside actually function.

But my entire question comes down to, do you guys know of any way to repair this? Either by another person or by other means (DIY)?

mbr12

The Classics are not hard to open and swap out parts, if you're not a complete klutz. There's videos all over You Tube. If a cable came undone, or if you need to swap the screen, it's not hard. If the drive is broken, there's companies that can retrieve the data. You just have to Google who they are.