iPod Classic not syncing correctly

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

dosharp

After transferring my iTunes library from an old desktop to a new laptop, my iPod Classic (160GB, Last Edition) lists a few artists multiple times and some albums are missing artwork. 95% of my iTunes library is from CD's I've burned. I've noticed a couple of artists showing up multiple times are from iTunes purchases where I've edited the artist (for example, Eric Clapton's Complete Clapton, where I put the artist as Eric Clapton vs. Cream, Derek and the Dominos, etc., on certain songs). My iPod Touch (64GB, 4th Edition) shows everything perfectly, as it is in my iTunes library on my laptop. Any suggestions? Thanks.

cjmnews

Staff member
Your music must be MP3 files mostly. iTunes is BAD at updating MP3 files with changes like Artist name and other text data. You need to force iTunes to update the MP3 files.

Open iTunes
Go to the Music Section
Put it into Song view (click Songs on the sidebar)
Add Kind to the columns (right click the header, put a check mark next to Kind)
Sort by Kind (click the Kind header button)
Select All the MP3 files (MPEG audio file)
Click on File->Convert->Convert ID3 Tags...
Check ID3 Tag Version
Set to v2.3
Click OK

Now all your files will get updated with the information from iTunes (Artist, Album, etc) into the MP3 files directly.

If you remove the music from your iPod, then add it back on, you should have all the artist information showing and it will stay after you play the track too.