Ipod classic /Itunes alternatives/Win10

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

pursuant

My 5th generation Ipod classic has now refused to be recognized by the latest version of Itunes(12.11). I have tried multiple fixes, none have worked. The Ipod is recognized by my PC as an external drive. What Id like to do is to be able to synch my podcasts to it. I even tried an older version of Itunes but it wouldn't install because the music library was created by a newer version of Itunes. I tried Music Bee but it does not support Itunes very well. Does anyone have a suggestion for do this?
Thanks

cjmnews

Staff member
Apple has some steps: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204095

I have seen in the past that there can be a driver issue as well. I have posted how to resolve this in the past 5 years or so, I just can’t seem to find it on mobile.

Something along the lines of disconnect the iPod, open Device Manager in Windows, and expand the USB devices and screen shot it. Plug in the iPod, expand the USB devices to find the iPod device (may show up as something else). Use the screenshot to find the difference. Then right click the device and choose Uninstall Driver, if it asks if you want to remove the associated files (something like that) then say Yes. Unplug the iPod and plug it back in again to get the correct driver. (From memory)

If that doesn’t work, you may need to do the uninstall of the driver again and manually install the driver. You may be able to go by Manufacturer to find it, or find the file on your system (captured in my previous post).

It will be several days before I can get back to my computer to help more.

cjmnews

Staff member
I found the post. Here are the steps to get your iPod recognized by Windows 10.

Open Device Manager (in Control Panel)
Click the + sign next to Universal Serial Bus Controllers.
Click the + sign next to each:
Imaging Devices
Other Devices
Portable Devices
Universal Serial Bus Controllers
Find the USB device with the yellow bang.
Right click it and choose Properties
Click on install Driver
Choose, Browse My computer for driver software
Click on Let me Pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
Uncheck Show compatible hardware
-- You can try to see if Apple is in the manufacturer list.
-- If it is, then choose Apple Mobile Device USB Driver
--- If it is not, Click Have Disk
--- Then Browse to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers and select usbaapl64
--- or if there isn't a Drivers folder, look in C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers and select usbaapl64, then Click OK
Click Next
Then Click Finish.
Reboot