iPod Classic: Increase SD size or look elsewhere?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Submeg

Hi all,

I have a iPod Classic 6th gen, whose HD I have replaced with an iFlash Quad setup. Recently, the iPod started to display some weird behaviour:
  • Only play about 30 seconds to a minute of a song before skipping to the next
  • Would only play a reduced selection of songs on a playlist (could have also been my imagination, but I seemed to notice hearing the same few songs..)
  • When I would try to change playlists, it would hang, freeze and then reboot
I was worried that one (or more) of my 64GB MicroSD cards had become corrupted. So I painstakingly opened up my iPod...

What I found was that the connector in the lower right of the iPod was busted, I had dropped it one too many times it seems 😢

However, I had a spare! Pulling that one open, I was able to gut the old HD, replace with the adapter and happy days! It's up and running; did a fresh install and loaded playlists on. Now, before I close up the iPod (which I have a feeling, will be for the last time...) I was thinking, should I upgrade my microSD cards to say, 128GB or 256GB each?

Has anyone ever discovered if there is a limit to what is the maximum addressable memory size? If I already have hit that limit, then okay, but if there's possibility for a greater size, then I would rather do it now...

Any feedback would be great! Thanks everyone!