Ipod classic gen 5 not detected or recognized by PC or Itunes PLZ HELP

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

noodle

hi!
ok, so I bought a used ipod classic gen 5 and it ahd a BUNCH of stuff I don't want. it has personal stuff on it like pictures of the former owners family, etc. I want to reboot it and start wiltha clean slate, but my windows 10 PC refuses to recognize it as ANYTHING!!!:confused:
the funny thing is that it charges... pls help and thanks for hearing my plea

noodle

thx for replying. hope youre still there
I tried the windows steps, but I didnt even see uabaapl64 but I did see usbaapl and updated and installed all of them.it still only charged... I tried the second steps but didn't see apple mobile device usb driver in the usb controller... its ok if I lose my songs theyre not anything I like, just rap and screamo... any more suggestions?

cjmnews

Staff member
I can suggest lots of things like trying a new cable, trying a new port, etc. but that may not help.

First off reboot to see if that is a quick fix.

What I would try next is to uninstall iTunes related Apple software (iTunes. Bonjour, Apple Mobile Device Service) then reboot, then install iTunes again.
That should restore the Apple Mobile Device driver and maybe allow your iPod to be recognized again.

Let me know if that does not fix it, and we'll try other steps.

mbr12

Have you tried it in disc mode?
Hold down the center and play/pause buttons until it goes into disc mode.
Then connect to computer and open itunes. If it shows up in itunes, do a restore.
If the restore fails, go to My Computer and see if it shows up as a drive. If it does, right click and do a format. Then try and restore in itunes again.
I've had success with this method.

noodle

I can suggest lots of things like trying a new cable, trying a new port, etc. but that may not help.

First off reboot to see if that is a quick fix.

What I would try next is to uninstall iTunes related Apple software (iTunes. Bonjour, Apple Mobile Device Service) then reboot, then install iTunes again.
That should restore the Apple Mobile Device driver and maybe allow your iPod to be recognized again.

Let me know if that does not fix it, and we'll try other steps.
hello again!
unfortunately this didn't fix it... I followed your stpes, and even ran the diagnostics on iTunes... and it told me no iphone or ipod was detected.. still cannot find the apple mobile device driver...

noodle

Have you tried it in disc mode?
Hold down the center and play/pause buttons until it goes into disc mode.
Then connect to computer and open itunes. If it shows up in itunes, do a restore.
If the restore fails, go to My Computer and see if it shows up as a drive. If it does, right click and do a format. Then try and restore in itunes again.
I've had success with this method.
no, no success there either thx tho

cjmnews

Staff member
Then you need to add the Apple Mobile Device driver manually.

Open Device Manager (in Control Panel)
Click the + sign next to Universal Serial Bus Controllers.
Click the + sign next to each:
Imaging Devices
Other Devices
Portable Devices
Universal Serial Bus Controllers
Find the USB device with the yellow bang.
Right click it and choose Properties
Click on install Driver (not sure what it will say going from memory)
Choose, Browse My computer for driver software
Click on Let me Pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
Uncheck Show compatible hardware
-- You can try to see if Apple is in the manufacturer list.
-- If it is, then choose Apple Mobile Device USB Driver
--- If it is not, Click Have Disk
--- Then Browse to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers and select usbaapl64
--- or if there isn't a Drivers folder, look in C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers and select usbaapl64, then Click OK
Click Next
Then Click Finish.
Reboot

noodle

thank you for all your help, I think I was sold a crappy ipod, nd the issue is internal. oh well thx again:shake: