Ipod Classic - 160GB (Inconsistent Album Art)

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

mishima

Dear All,

Off late, i've upgraded my iTunes to (8.0.0.35) and my ipod 1.1.2 PC.
All my album arts perfectly displayed on the itunes, but i've realize that some of them did not appear on my iPod. I've tried several times restoring the ipod and randomly it has fixed some of the album arts BUT it causes other Album art missing (which initially displayed well before i restore).

Had anyone of you had face such occurence? Appreciate your advice and assistance to help me fix my album art issue.

Many thanks in advance.

- Mishima -

countach747

There's a lot of quirks to the handling of art.

*) iTunes will display the art if ANY song in the album has art. iPod will only display it if the FIRST song has art. Check that all songs in the album have art.

*) I've noticed in iTunes 8 sometimes it won't show the art until I've played a song in the album in iTunes. If iTunes isn't displaying, try playing a song in the album and see if it updates. Then plug in the ipod, uncheck the "display album art" under Music. Then Sync. Then check it again. Then Sync. (No need for a full restore).

*) Check that all the songs in the album have the exact same album/artist name. (Check capitalization and trailing spaces after the name). Also check the Sort tab to see if they are the same.