iPod Classic 1.1.1 released

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Robocop

Just upgraded mine a few minutes ago.

No headphone hiss now. Coverflow appears even faster. Video playlist.

piuga

Until I see more positive comments, I will not update yet.

Scratch2k

piuga said:
Until I see more positive comments, I will not update yet.

I was just reading up on how to downgrade from 1.1 but hopefully this means I wont have to, updating now.

Signal to Noise

Robocop said:
Just upgraded mine a few minutes ago.

No headphone hiss now. Coverflow appears even faster. Video playlist.
Has the volume @ zero bug been fixed?

I'm going to give it a try as soon as I get home from work today! Thanks for the head's up.

Fronzdan

I'll probably give it a shot. I've already downgraded once. I can do it again if I have to.

Robocop

Signal to Noise said:
Has the volume @ zero bug been fixed?

I'm going to give it a try as soon as I get home from work today! Thanks for the head's up.

Sorry, no it hasn't. I'm listening to a track with it set to “zero” as I type. :(

Last edited:

Scratch2k

I can report that my particular instance of menu lag has not been fixed, I think perhaps the lag between when I touch the screen to adjust the volume and when the wheel actually starts responding is probably WORSE than 1.1.

If I run my finger along the wheel to "wake" it (while music is playing) the screen turns on but by the time the wheel responds the screen has gone off again (so, 10 secs), it will then turn the screen back on and respond to my finger on the wheel, good job Apple! (not)

Ugh.

Fronzdan

In itunes, it says the update is 1.1, not 1.1.1. Did they just leave the last number off? No way do I want to go back to 1.1.

Allocentric

Great Lakes Lounger
Fronzdan said:
In itunes, it says the update is 1.1, not 1.1.1. Did they just leave the last number off? No way do I want to go back to 1.1.
I had the same thing (I'm guessing you never upgraded to 1.1, right?). Just go ahead and click the "Update" button... you'll see in the ReadMe window that pops up that you'll get 1.1.1.

Fronzdan

Makes sense. I did upgrade to 1.1, but deleted it from my Updates folder and downgraded. Ok....I'm going to do it now....crossing fingers.

cessna1466u

I upgraded this evening, and looks like I have whole new problem. When you look at the stats for the ipod when connected to itunes it says that I have 18gb of other and it takes that amount away from my total amount. What is this "other" amount. Everything else is accounted for. thanks

Fronzdan

Ok I feel pretty confident the hissing is fixed. I tried turning it off mid song several times and no hiss. I tried the procedure which always did it on 1.1 for me - playing without headset inserted, putting to sleep, then plugging headset in...no hiss.

It looks like they removed the "feature" where a sleeping ipod will wake up if you plug in headphones. I always thought the hissing problem stemmed from this since, for the ipod to detect the insertion, some sort of current had to be flowing. It no longer responds to insertions...the jack must be truly dead in sleep mode. Keeping fingers crossed, but it looks like this issue is fixed!

Scratch2k

bigbabydaddy196 said:
Does anyone else have Scratch's problem?
I've read of plenty of people having menu lag problems but some people end up saying tha firmware updates have helped etc. I originally suspected the case I'm using (Belkin Clear) which has a clear plastic cover over the wheel but I get the same delays and lag from the menu's with or without the case. I'd love to hear if anyone else has these problems so I can know if I should return this as faulty or not?

bigbabydaddy196

Chief Nanny-Boo-Boo
Thanks. It wasn't that I didn't believe you--I was just wondering if the problem had been showing up with others, too. I'll update mine when I get home in a couple of hours and let you know if I have that same problem. Very glad to know the hissing is gone! But these devs are really looking like n00bs.