Ipod Capacity Problem!! Help!

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

geelongfan

Hi, i tried to delete all my songs on my ipod through ephpod, as i wanted to put the same ones back on as i had mp3gained them on the computers hard drive.
So i delete them through ephpod, bit of a problem, bit in the end i get them all off.
Then the computer sort of froze, so i had to take the ipod out while the 'do not disconnect' thing was flashing. It would not go away, and so i looked on the forums and held down the menu and play buttons down.
This fixed that problem, but i had a whole list of songs on the ipod that weren't there (i deleted them before).
So i went on Musicmatch and deleted them through this, presto, it is now all free.

Now this is where the problem is..I have a 15GB Ipod and i put on my 400 odd songs that had been mp3gained, but it shows in the about section as a capacity of 13.8gb and a free space thing of 13.8gb also.
The free space on ephpod or musicmatch shows as 12.6GB or so, so why doesnt this show like this on the ipod?!?!?

what can i do??
is there another way i can start again totally??!?

please help guys

PS: The songs do work on the ipod even tho it shows as i have used no space on the ipod...

EDIT: the capacity worked before...how can i restore my ipod as it was new?

EDIT x2: If i restore it, will this erase my version of 2.0.2 (that came on the ipod) and will i have to get 2.0.1?

Last edited:

ashawley

Website
www.
You've gotta do a restore. The iPod's database is probably all messed up from being written to by both MMJB and ephpod.

Just download 2.0.1. 2.0.2 was just used to configure contrast in the factory, you won't lose anything. Well, you'll lose all the tunes on the iPod, but no features.. ;)

Adam