iPod Cannot be synced. An Unknown Error Occurred (-48)

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

NismoUSA

Yeah so just about 15 minutes ago, I wanted to put new songs onto my iPod Nano (1GB), as soon as I disconnected it, my iPod had no songs in it at all, they have all been deleted for some strange reason, so I plug it back it and go into iTunes and I got this message:

iPod Cannot be synced. An Unknown Error Occurred (-48)

I tried googling it for a while, but nothing about error -48. Can someone help me out with this, I tried to re-install iTunes, but that didn't help. When I disconnect my nano, I get this message from my taskbar : Windows - Corrupt File: The File or directory \iPod_Contorl\iTunes\iTunesDb is corrupt and unreadable. Please run the Chkdsk utility. So I did a search to find this file, but nothing came up either.

BTW, I already installed the latest iTunes update (7.6).

Thank you!:)

Last edited:

MIRAGE

How To Fix The "cannot Be Synced" -42 Error For 2nd Generation Nano

Follow these simple steps (cannot be easier):

1.Plug in the ipod
2.Go to My Computer
3.Right Click the Ipod (F:)
4.Go to Properties
5.Click the "Tools" Tab
6.Click "Check Now" under Error Checking
7.After it's finished start itunes
8.Update Ipod once it shows up on itunes
9.It Works!

You're Welcome =]

adl0816

MIRAGE said:
Follow these simple steps (cannot be easier):

1.Plug in the ipod
2.Go to My Computer
3.Right Click the Ipod (F:)
4.Go to Properties
5.Click the "Tools" Tab
6.Click "Check Now" under Error Checking
7.After it's finished start itunes
8.Update Ipod once it shows up on itunes
9.It Works!

You're Welcome =]
Hey thanks! :)

pinkfairy

ive had the same problem just tried to put songs on my ipod and get unkown error occured (-48) i still have all songs and it still plays but i cant add anymore on :(
and ive just updated itune and got 8.0. i would be grateful of anyhelp as i am going away on sat and want to take it with me thank you

pinkfairy

just seen the post above mine of going in to my comp that doesnt work as my ipod doesnt come up

merryknight

This happened to me. except the error number was -69. I solved this problem by deleting some of the last batch of songs I added to iTunes. I think what may cause the problem could be a corrupt music file? I spotted which album was trying to transfer to the iPod before the error happened, and deleted it from iTunes. When I updated iagain, it worked fine.

melsac

unknown error -48

Hi,
I am having some similar issues. I have a 30 GB ipod, its about two years old and it is getting a little rusty, but usually only when I am on shuffle and I press next too many times it will freeze, besides that recently I downloaded some new music off of itunes and tried to put it on my ipod and this error message popped up. I can't do anything with it, delete songs from it, add songs. My laptop does recognize that my ipod is there and I can play songs from my ipod and on a deck but I am not able to sync anymore. Can anyone help me please?

Rodeo Skunk

From my experience the Ipods 30 GB, 60 GB, 160 Gb can't take more than 4,000 files before crashing. Just restore the Ipod andit should work but you'll lose all your songs on the Ipod (they'll still be on the computer if you didn't delete them.) and start over.

Saraya

Similar problem, help?

I bought an iPod Classic from someone. It was originally formatted for windows so I restored it, and it is now formatted for macintosh. But, every time I sync, I only have like 1800 songs but it takes hours and hours and when it's done it says "iPod corrupted" or "disk not readable or writable". I've restored it and retried a thousand times. After syncing it only ever says it gets a random number of songs. Last time 1200, time before 1300, before that only 700. When I turn on the iPod, it only has synced three songs. I don't understand. I have the newest version of iTunes, the iPod has been restored and reset multiple times, the software is updated, I run on a brand new MacBook Pro. Sometimes is says error 48 and sometimes error 61.

cjmnews

Staff member
Sounds like your iPod is dying. Since you say you have restored it many times, I'd say there's nothing to do but replace it.

The only other idea you could try is to put it back on Windows to format it again, then bring it back to Mac to format it again. If that doesn't fix it, replace it.

mohamedh89

the problem fixed

after 8 hours from searching :shake:... thanks to allah my problem fixed;)
last 2 things that i was tried :
http://support.apple.com/kb/ts1539

and

uninstalling of iphone explorer and 2other programs related to iphone

shortly remove any programs related to your ipod or iphone and try

it finally works 4 me