iPod Battery Status

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

TheSilentDawn

I have a 3G 15gig iPod i purchased just over a year ago. I have started having problems with the battery moniter a few months ago. If I charge the battery until it says it is full and then if I unplug my iPod and plug it back in to the charger it will begin to charge again for a substantial amount of time. I have tried resetting the firmware and completely discharging the battery and then charging back up to full again, but hat doesn't seem to do any good. Does this simply mean that I need a new battery or is there somehting else afoot? If I do need a new battery could you please recommend one to look into? Thank you for your help.

jedk

Does your iPod still hold a full charge when in use? The battery meter on the iPod can be very strange / display the incorrect charge level, even when the battery is performing to it's correct capacity (8 hours for the 3G).

TheSilentDawn

I have experienced shortened battery life. After I have fully discharged/charged or reset my iPod I have noticed a sunstantial differnce in battery life. Probablely about two hours or so.