iPod Battery Meter Question...

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Larathydo

Hey there,

I use windows and i have just recently applied the mod to allow the numerical value of the (approxamite) ammount of juice left in the battery. It is much more convienient than the Battery Icon, but is there any way to make it into a fraction or percentage rather than a 3 digit number (something like 7/10th battery left or a percentage like 75%).

I'm just not accustom to thinking about a battery as being "362/500" left. Know what i mean? Dibs to the person who found out about it though, it is better than the traditional.

zab

Sorry, I don't know how to get the fraction. I don't even know how to get the percentage, but I'd like to know. So, how do you get the percentage. I am using the most recent versions of iTunes and iPod software.

mdobilas

Reductio Ad Absurdum
Website
lifescan.com
This hack has already been put to bed. It's not showing you what's left in the battery, it's showing you the load on the battery at the time. So by viewing this number, you're not going to have any idea how much power you have left till it dies.

Sorry to rain on the parade.

Larathydo

mdobilas said:
This hack has already been put to bed. It's not showing you what's left in the battery, it's showing you the load on the battery at the time. So by viewing this number, you're not going to have any idea how much power you have left till it dies.

Sorry to rain on the parade.
So your also saying that the battery icon just shows how much of a load the battery is under? that doesnt sound right, because if i use my ipod for about 4 hours, turn it off for a few more hours and turn it back on, it's around 250, not back to 500. Wouldent that mean it is roughly at 1/2 battery power? It fluxuates, but does give you an idea of where the battery is (I think).

So regardless if that is true or not - is there any way to get a Percentage or fraction of the ammount of power left?

:D

treffmeister

Banned
Ummm... the battery will have a minimum voltage, so it will cut out before 0, and therefore your ipods crappy battery will be at way less than half

AndyH

Larathydo said:
So your also saying that the battery icon just shows how much of a load the battery is under? that doesnt sound right, because if i use my ipod for about 4 hours, turn it off for a few more hours and turn it back on, it's around 250, not back to 500. Wouldent that mean it is roughly at 1/2 battery power? It fluxuates, but does give you an idea of where the battery is (I think).
Folks that applied this "hack" have reported that their battery ran out at the "200" mark, so 250 doesn't mean 1/2 empty.

Larathydo said:
So regardless if that is true or not - is there any way to get a Percentage or fraction of the ammount of power left?
No, no way to do that.