Ipod automatically mounting

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

iamaustin

Website
www.austina.net
Hey, I love my ipod... its awsome. I have one issue with it though. When i get back home and am either tired or drunk i just want to be able to drop my ipod in the dock (letting it charge) and go to sleep. However, when i drop my ipod in the dock, it automatically mounts (in windows) and i have to turn both my monitors on, log on to my computer, answer all my messages from aim (or close them all and say my comp crashed), right click on the apple ipod manager, press unmount, watch it unmount, turn it off, lock it, and switch off both my monitors. Is there a way to prevent the Ipod from automatically mounting, without using a different power adapter to charge it? (the power adapter that came with my pod is still sealed, i have no use for it if i only charge my ipod from the computer which is always running).

Im sorry if i posted this in the wrong section moderators.

Thanks in advance,

Austin

Casual

you can set up your dock for you power adapter and not your computer. get a second dock?

Island Roots

Gotta love my Mac...drop it in it's dock, automatically syncs with iTunes, iCal, and Address Book, and charges ;)

As for your situation...you would probably be best off simply having the AC adapter plugged in and get a second dock port -> FireWire cable for easy switching.

phippy

Website
www.phippy.com
If you have USB 2.0 you could buy the USB cable. That one has 2 plugs, one firewire, one USB 2.0. So you plug the FireWire cable into the AC power adapter for power, and the USB into your computer... But if you unplug the USB it would not connect to your computer, only get charged. Then you could just plug in the USB when you want to use it.