iPod audible books won't play

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Angazi

On my iPod Touch 64GB my audible audiobooks (aa/aax format) dl to iPod from iTunes 10.x using Audible downloader have stopped being playable from one day to the next.

What happens is when I touch the play arrow button it changes to the pause icon for half a second and then goes back to the play arrow.

Does anyone have any ideas.

Running OS 4.1. 36 GB space free. I have been listening to audiobooks using the iPod with a Griffin iTrip FM transmitter. However, even using headphones the Audible books refuse to play.

This has affected all Audible audiobooks except one Vangonotes on Operations management which still plays. Only difference is that I probably saved a lower Audible quality file for this than the other audiobooks.

Non-Audible audiobooks in m4b and music in mp3/aac play back just fine.

I am using the default Apple apps for playing back audio books. However, trying the current Audible app from the iStore exhibits the same inability to play back my Audible books.

Before I commence the trial and error approach does anyone have any ideas how to fix this.

Thanks

Angazi

Aahh figured it out :))

Last night I ran an app called Brain Wave - one of these binaural audio programs. Idea is you select it to play for a period say 10 mins and then the audio stops automatically and app exits.

Its not the first time I used it but apparently this time it did something different like hog the audio outputs or some such preventing the Audible playback to commence.

I pressed the stop, pause, start, stop buttons in the Brain Wave app, then exited and now my Audible audiobooks play again.