iPod Agent Doesn't Show Music

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

weatherman

Señor Lounger
First let me say that iPod Agent looks like a fantastic program -- a one-stop shop for everything you could possibly want to do with the iPod. BUT...

I installed it primarily so that I could "back-up" my music on my work PC and not have to play the music off of the iPod itself. Unfortunately there is nowhere in the software that I can see my music -- I've looked at the screenies on the iPod Agent website, and it shows music and other options that I just don't have! I've added the plugin services for uploading music, but all that shows up on my meny is sync contacts, calendar, etc. What am I doing wrong?

Last edited:

GadgetGuru72

Just click the button in the upper left hand corner of the screen where it says "export music" and you'll get a list of all your stuff.

weatherman

Señor Lounger
Ach. It was the "song browser" that I was missing. It was so far down the list I dismissed it as some sort of add-on that I didn't want to try until I figured out the main functionality. THanks for that.

One extra question: if I export the songs, how will they be exported? Will they all be in one big folder or will they be organized in some way? I think I read that it renames them using the ID3, is that what happens? Sorry to be such a n00b.

I really don't like having to do this. I feel like I'm being treated like a criminal with my own music just because I want to have it available on my work PC. Curse you Apple! :)

loosegroove

Well, you can have iPod Agent transfer your songs right into iTunes if you desire. I imagine they will be stored the same way they are in iTunes which is a [Artist]\[Album]\[Songs] folder structure.

weatherman

Señor Lounger
Okay - so import into iTunes and then set iTunes to organize my music? That makes sense.. Thanks for the help.

GadgetGuru72

Sorry, my "advice" (if you can even call it that) was based on the prior version of iPod Agent. I was not aware that they recently released a new "plug-in" based version.

This new version looks great and has a lot of cool features -- like the ability to copy songs right into iTunes while also keeping your playcount and song rating.

I'm glad you figured it out.