iPod 4G back case

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

jenare

Website
jenare.com
Hello everybody !

I have an iPod 4th gen (with click wheel) and I'd like to change the back metal housing. I've find on the internet a very cheap refurbished case of a 3rd gen iPod (the one with touch buttons). It looks really similar to mine, and I was wondering if the case of a 3rd gen iPod was compatible with my iPod.

Does anybody has ever tried ? Do you know if the two cases are the same ?

Thank you !

skins247

4g Case

Do you have the 1059 (black and white) or 1099 Photo (color screen)....I have all 3 models and can check the 3rd to one of the 4ths...

skins247

Won't fit....I tried it , even without the headphone jack....leaves about 1/2 the width of a credit card between housing and face plate...tabs are in line, but the depth seems to be off.....and it was VERY hard to get back off....like opening a 6th Gen classic if anyone is familiar....also, you can't even swap color and B/W backs on 4th Gen...the headphone jack sits a little different.....you can always buy the front and back I have listed on ebay.....Regardless...hope I saved you some hassle....good luck....

Attachments

jenare

Website
jenare.com
Thank you very much, this is very nice of you !
Luckily I did not purchase the 3rd gen case !

Thank you for your proposal but I already have a front case, and for the back, I'm looking for an original one, in metal. Or maybe the one of the U2 edition, I'll see !

Thanks again ! :D