Ipod 3rd gen backlight

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

sunlyly

All of my ipod 3rd gen backlights don’t work. Is there a fix?

admasc

Sometimes, a simple soft reset can resolve minor glitches affecting the backlight.

Or

Go to Settings > General > Reset Settings. This will reset all your iPod settings to factory defaults, which might fix a setting issue affecting the backlight.

sunlyly

Thank you so much for the reply. I think I lucked up and found a partial solution. Both of the 3rd & 4th gen ipods have never been recognized on my imac. Couldn’t figure it out. My 30 pin to usb cables have been thin wires with cneap looking connectors. The other day I bought a package of 25 just to have more because the price was right but what I received blew me away. The cables were twice the thickness of my old ones and the connectors were extremelt professionally made. As soon as I plugged one in my finder recognized one of my 4th gen classics and for the first time started charging it and gave me the option to restore it. A huge step for me but so far it states it is trying to restore but so far does not complete the restore. Maybe a format thing of some kind but still a giant step. I think the thin wire cable wasn’t or couldn’t handle the amp demand or something. Just felt like showing results that are helping me get to that final goal of the allusive “restore” completion. Thanks.