iPod 1st Generation macbook questions

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

skins247

I've aquired a few 1st generation iPods and I am hoping someone can tell me if the macbook (2009) or any/all macs come with iTunes installed. It appears the macbook 2009 (from pictures I've seen) has a firewire port, needed to sync the 1st Gen. I really appreciate any help, and apologize if this question is in the wrong section. The iPods power up and appear to be functioning, but no music on them.

skins247

So I think google just answered my question as a "yes" as far as iTunes preloaded into mac...I thought for sure I checked a while back. Well any input on syncing the 1st Gen would be appreciated. I planned on purchasing a macbook 2009 for this purpose...Thanks for any help.

cjmnews

Staff member
You would sync the iPod in a similar was you would with a modern version of iTunes. Plug it in, let iTunes detect it, add music, remove.

Old video from 2008:
Modern instructions: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210612

Don't expect iTunes Store access on that old of an iTunes though. It will not let the older versions connect.

skins247

Thank you very much...will it sync with models like the mini and 4th Gen A1059

cjmnews

Staff member