iphone4 wont charge and not recognised by usb?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

markp36

as the title says really ive tried a hard reset , no joy . anything else i can do ?

markp36

if i switch the phone off and connect the charger the apple logo appears and the phone powers up , but i just cant get it to charge or be recognised by the usb port on my pc

Sparkee

Does it charge with the charger?

These USB issues are tough to troubleshoot. The easiest thing to start with is the sync cable, borrow one from a friend to try if you don't have an extra. The iPhone should still charge from a USB port even if the computer does recognize it, try it with another computer.

Other than that try Apple Support's iOS: Device not recognized in iTunes for Windows.

markp36

no it doesnt charge with the charger , but if i connect the charger with the phone switched off it powers up

Sparkee

If the iPhone does not charge using other sources it is probably defective. First try resetting the iPhone by holding the Sleep and Home buttons till you see the Apple icon. As I stated above, try other sync cables, computers and chargers. If it doesn't charge using other power sources chances are your iPhone is having hardware problems. Take it to an Apple Store or you cell service provider for repairs.

markp36

ive tried resetting it a couple of times , with no change . ive orsered another charger , if that doesnt work guess il have to take it to apple .