Iphone Wont charge. Wont go into DFU mode. Help?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Swan843

I have tried hard resets. I have tried putting it in dfu. I have replaced the battery. I read on one forum to restart the computer because apparently that gives the iphone more power to charge with and it started up and the phone worked for a minute or two then went back to off. I tried to do the same process again but had no luck. I swear this is the iphone from hell!

*when i try to turn it on it shows the battery with very little life and underneath it there is a plug with an arrow pointing to a lightning bolt*

Swan843

haha almost 800 views and not a single person has a clue whats wrong with my phone....damn

cjmnews

Staff member
Not everyone knows every answer. So people will check, and move on if they don't know. Plus you expected an answer in 30 minutes? This is a volunteer basis, it could take a day or so to get a response.

First off you need to verity the cable is not the problem. Try a different one.

Second, you need to see that the computer is not the problem. Try a wall charger. While it is charging, check your specs to see if you have High Power ports. If you do, then check that they are not being turned off to save power (Device Manager) and lastly, make sure you are plugging into one of these ports and not a hub, or extension (keyboard, monitor) of the port.

You'll need to charge for 30 minutes before attempting any actions on the phone to ensure there is enough charge to do something.

Swan843

it was a day before answers man. not 30 minutes. but anyway i forgot to mention i have tried wall charges and different usb wires and it was plugged into the right port. it seems to be a software thing. it could have been jailbroken but i dont know

cjmnews

Staff member
Sounds like a hardware issue. Bad battery. Take it to a Genius Bar. Or if it is under warranty then exchange it.

walala

I got get it. What do you mean by battery is replaced? You have it mended before?

Swan843

i figured the battery was the issue so i replaced it and its doing the same exact thing as it was before.

walala

I use iphone 4, and untill now there is nothing wrong. Did you replace it with the original apple battery? And is your phone still on warranty? Why don't you send it back and let them fix it?

Swan843

yes replaced it with an apple battery and i bought it off my friend with the intentions of fixing it.... thats what i thought this forum was for. people who enjoyed figuring out what was wrong with non working iphones.... not just a forum for people with iphones

cjmnews

Staff member
It seems obvious, you have either a bad charging system or a bad battery. One or both need to be replaced. So get it fixed. There is no magic, things break.

Swan843

well like ive said many times in this post. i have replaced the battery. i have also used many different chargers. wall chargers, different usb plugs, etc.

cjmnews

Staff member
Well then you need to look at the components between the charging port and the battery.

Take it to a shop and tell them about it. We have given you all the advice we can think of, complaining here won't fix it. You've tried all the usual stuff, now you need to get a shop to look at the guts of your iPod to fix it, or replace it.