iPhone Software Glitches?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

emmcubed

I am noticing a few software glitches (probably things that are easily fixed with updates), but am wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same.

1. When listening to music and using Safari at the same time, often the music inexplicably stops playing 1-3 songs into a playlist or shuffle and I have to go back into the iPod menu to manually restart it.

2. When using Google maps, sometimes the phone dumps the program out and returns me to the home screen, completely disregarding what I had mapped and reverting back to something done earlier in the day.

Again, minor annoyances, but I am wondering if anyone else has had something like this happen on a recurring basis, or if my iPhone might be faulty.

monkeysrock0622

emmcubed said:
I am noticing a few software glitches (probably things that are easily fixed with updates), but am wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same.

1. When listening to music and using Safari at the same time, often the music inexplicably stops playing 1-3 songs into a playlist or shuffle and I have to go back into the iPod menu to manually restart it.

2. When using Google maps, sometimes the phone dumps the program out and returns me to the home screen, completely disregarding what I had mapped and reverting back to something done earlier in the day.

Again, minor annoyances, but I am wondering if anyone else has had something like this happen on a recurring basis, or if my iPhone might be faulty.
no its not just yours. The same exactvthing is happening to me. Also if I'm using EDGE and am browsing 2 or more pages at once after a bit it will just return me to the home screen just like with google maps.

riddlemd

monkeysrock0622 said:
no its not just yours. The same exactvthing is happening to me. Also if I'm using EDGE and am browsing 2 or more pages at once after a bit it will just return me to the home screen just like with google maps.
Safari crashes a lot ;p

ayasinsk

I wouldn't touch dirty pc's with a 20 foot pole, unfortunately i have to use one at work. Anyways about the iPhone...I noticed mine quite twice wile I had two or three pages open, no problems with google maps though. I think it's maybee because of a memory overload. If you got two or more pages open with rich content it will drain iPhones memory. So in stead of freezing up it just quits.

Also I noticed in shuffle mode if I have two songs with the same name, for instance Scar Tissue and Scar Tissue recorded live from a Concert, it would play one, then the other, as if the shuffle is based on a songs name, and not it's ID in the database, like on the ipods.

neilh8888

I've been having the exact same problem. The device doesn't lock up but Safari "disappears" and returns me to the home screen. Or sometimes the music just stops playing when I'm using Safari.

emmcubed

OK, then I'm not quite so apprehensive. Apple has always been pretty good about updates, but with issues like the 'snap-crackle-pop' speaker problems in the latest OSX update still being unresolved, I wonder how long it might be before we will see an iPhone update.

It's just infuriating to be in the middle of browsing a page and to have it stall back to the home screen like that. And it has happened to me with only one browser page open, not multiple. Besides if it were to happen because of memory being overloaded, that would be quite an unfortunate problem for Apple to have given their repeated assertions that you can do these activities simultaneously.

mrobin604

neilh8888 said:
I've been having the exact same problem. The device doesn't lock up but Safari "disappears" and returns me to the home screen. Or sometimes the music just stops playing when I'm using Safari.
I was having this problem with Safari and Coverflow both... rebooting the phone seems to have fixed it for me.

mdwsta4

uroslut
dumb question, but how do you reboot the phone?

mrobin604 said:
I was having this problem with Safari and Coverflow both... rebooting the phone seems to have fixed it for me.

emmcubed

mdwsta4 said:
dumb question, but how do you reboot the phone?
Hold the top button (by the SIM card slot) and the Home button together and the phone will reboot. Kind of like holding Menu and the center button on the iPod.

mdwsta4

uroslut
now that you mention it i do remember reading that. thanks!

emmcubed said:
Hold the top button (by the SIM card slot) and the Home button together and the phone will reboot. Kind of like holding Menu and the center button on the iPod.

emmcubed

Engadget's iPhone review verifies these issues. The reviewer had the same crashes happen when doing the same activities we spoke of here. Hope Apple has an update up a very short sleeve!

deftdrummer1

The power that be.
oh my god boy do they need to do an update. If this iPhone stops playing my music while browsing I'm gonna throw it out the window. Music is essential and with no quick access back to the ipod (supposedly in the next firmare update) it makes it that much crappier of a glitch