iphone screen protector

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

mdwsta4

uroslut
what's everyone plan on using for a screen protector (if any)? on my ipods i've used the invisible shield which has always been excellent. not sure if i'd like it on the iphone as the back is a matte finish and the screen may look worse w/ the 'orange peel'. i have used Expert Shields in the past on my cell phones and they're amazing. problem is they don't seem to have any for the iphone yet.
saw a few on ebay, but am always weary of no-name products. plus some of them didn't seem to have a complete hole cut out at the bottom for the 'home' key. it was more like an upsidedown 'U'.

philapod

the apple store is out of stock, but they sell some for the iphone. Its called something like crystal film?? and they carry the same brand for all their ipods plus laptops. Yeah.. i just wish they had some in stock.

i just ordered the iPhone Crystal Screen Armor from Decal Girl. They have them in gloss & matte for $4.50. The iPhone Ultra Screen Armor (gloss or matte) is $9.99. I didn't see any notice of a wait time before orders to be shipped. I just received my email confirming my order.

glene

power support crystal film works great invisible and easy to apply without bubbles...

philapod

The Power Support Crystal Film available in the Apple Stores is really pretty good. They were really easy to apply, no liquid or adhesive needed, and the fit is pretty good. It was as good as the engadget review says. The best part is, if you can find them in the store, you don't have to wait for shipping.

Mediahound

Website
tristantom.com
I just bought and installes fhe crystal one form the Apple Store.

Its good but not perfect as you are bound to get a piece of lint between it and the screen.

Also I really think the glass screen doesnt need any protector on there. And the glass feels a lot better.

AllanCook

philapod said:
The Power Support Crystal Film available in the Apple Stores is really pretty good. They were really easy to apply, no liquid or adhesive needed, and the fit is pretty good. It was as good as the engadget review says. The best part is, if you can find them in the store, you don't have to wait for shipping.
I bought this protective film, and one of the genuises put it on for me. You'd never know it was there.

renderboy

Avoid the ZAGG Invisible Shield or liquid spray activated ones like it.

It has a terrible orange peel texture, not a smooth texture, that doesn't let my finger slide across the face of the iPhone when selecting things. Instead my finger stutters across the screen. In my opinion, the Power Support USA "Crystal Clear" Protector I have on my iPhone 3GS was far superior. It is totally invisible and tough. I'll have to wait to get it when it comes out at the end of July for iPhone 4.

Also, to install the ZAGG Shield you have to spray the back of the Shield with a watery solution and squeegy the moisture off when it's on the iPhone 4! YIKES!! Just try not to get the extra moisture into the ear hole or the home button. The moisture probably set off at least one moisture sensor in my iPhone 4. It probably voided my Apple warranty that I paid a hefty $69 USD extra for. The "Crystal Clear" just lays on with a far superior clear gel liquid-like backing and doesn't introduce water into the iPhone like the ZAGG.

My suggestion is to get the "Crystal Clear" and avoid the ZAGG Invisible Shield at all costs.

Also, I use an air can to clear all lint off my iPhone before putting any protectors on it and I get zero stuff under the protector. It's like the iPhone is still naked.

Seismo

Website
home.alltel.net
Also I really think the glass screen doesnt need any protector on there. And the glass feels a lot better.
I think this guy might disagree with you.

I had an Invisible Shield on my 3G. Recently took it off because I dropped my phone and the screen cracked and couldn't believe how yellow the film had gotten over just a year and a half. Not to mention how bright the screen now looks without the invisible shield.

I'm looking for another such shield for my iPhone 4 but not sure if I'll stick with Invisible Shield or not, due to the discoloration.

renderboy

I had a Crystal Clear from Power Support USA on my old iPhone 3GS for 1 year and recently took it off and it wasn't discolored. Though, there's no way to know how you handled yours vs mine.

The Invisible Shield comes with only 1 in a box and requires a moisture spray to adhere it, while the Crystal Clear comes with 2 for less and use no moisture spray adhesive. If you get water from the spray adhesive in the earhole or the home button area, you'll set off moisture sensors and void any warranty you bought from Apple. I just pray to the Lord that when I put my Invisible Shield on i didn't get water in those areas. As soon as the Crystal Clear hits the Apple website in the end of July, I will buy it and remove the junky Invisible Shield protectors off my iPhone 4.

renderboy

Does the Staelthguard need to be applied with a moisture spray on the adhesive side. I don't want any protector that can get moisture into the ear or home button moisture sensors.