iPhone rumbling sound

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

wdc202

Holding my iPhone I often hear and feel a rumbling sound and a vibration.There is no call coming in and there is no message on the screen. I'm curious, what's going on to cause that? ... Wdc

cjmnews

Staff member
It could be email. My wife has that turned on. The default is no sound or vibration with new email. If you have the lock screen, and notification center notification disabled, then there would not be anything on the screen. Corporate disables those for me by default.

It looks like only the Mail, Calendar, Facetime, Phone, Reminders and Messages apps can have a vibration sound, you may want to check Settings->Notifications and see what has vibration on in the Sounds.

cjmnews

Staff member
It could be email. My wife has that turned on. The default is no sound or vibration with new email. If you have the lock screen, and notification center notification disabled, then there would not be anything on the screen. Corporate disables those for me by default.

It looks like only the Mail, Calendar, Facetime, Phone, Reminders and Messages apps can have a vibration sound, you may want to check Settings->Notifications and see what has vibration on in the Sounds.