iPhone/Outlook calendar sync issues SOLVED - FREE AND WIRELESS!!!

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Drjones

Frankly, it's ghetto that I have to go to such lengths to make such an expensive device give me simple calendar synchronization, but whatever....... :rolleyes: I'm gonna invoice Steve Jobs for my time involved in getting this *!^%$^%*@ thing to work halfway decently........:shake: :shake:

it's quite simple:

My MS Outlook 2003 will NOT sync with my iPhone. According to research I've done online, this is a widespread issue. Here's how I got it to work:

go to www.nuevasync.com and sign up for an account - NO SOFTWARE REQUIRED for either your PC OR iPhone.

go to http://www.google.com/support/calendar/bin/answer.py?answer=89955

Download the tiny (600KB) software & install.

Follow directions on both sites accordingly.

Now your MS Outlook calendar will synchronize WIRELESSLY and FOR FREE!!!!

:D :D :cool: :cool:

I just did this and it seems to work OK - will post a longer-term review after I've used it.......

Best part of all: you can use Outlook just like normal - you don't even have to touch Google Calendar because the little widget you got from Google syncs it all up for you WIRELESSLY and FOR FREE!!!!!

Drjones

is this just not as big an issue as I thought, or does nobody care?

anypats

I've never had a problem syncing with Outlook or iCal with my iPhone by using MobileMe. And even before I had MobileMe I would sync my iPhone through iTunes and it would sync my calendar and contacts and everything without any problems.

iPhone Luver

I sync my calendar wireless or over-the-air to google calendar. It works really good. I don't use outlook calendar because if you computer crashes then that will defeat the purpose. using www.nuevasync.com along with google calendar is awesome. you can make a change on google or iphone and both will reflect the other. Once you have everything setup on google calendar you really don't even have to go back to it ever if you don't want to. You can also set it up to sync contacts and email so all the for free VS. paying for mobileme

anypats

iPhone Luver said:
I sync my calendar wireless or over-the-air to google calendar. It works really good. I don't use outlook calendar because if you computer crashes then that will defeat the purpose. using www.nuevasync.com along with google calendar is awesome. you can make a change on google or iphone and both will reflect the other. Once you have everything setup on google calendar you really don't even have to go back to it ever if you don't want to. You can also set it up to sync contacts and email so all the for free VS. paying for mobileme
If all you're looking for is a way to sync contacts and calendar then I agree, MobileMe wouldn't be worth it. But I also use it for web hosting, 20GB of web space, push, bookmark syncing, and the gallery sharing. The web hosting and web space is worth the $99 alone.

jmyler

I didn't realize it was a problem i sync with my outlook at work perfectly.