iPhone Music Skipping/Fast Forwarding

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

cucuzza

Phone: iPhone 7
iOS: 11.3

Issue: Ever since I've upgraded to iOS 11.3, I've been experiencing some issues with music playback that I just have not received before. The music would either randomly pause or randomly skip around. This did not happen in any previous iOS versions. I've tried restarting the phone and see if it resolves the issue, but not sure if anyone else has been experiencing similar issues and what did you do about it.

cjmnews

Staff member
I haven't seen this with iOS 11 on my iPhone X.

Have you checked the songs in iTunes? Make sure they are not corrupt on the source.
Are you using the downloaded music section in the Music app? I find that it tries to download music over LTE/WiFi if I don't do that. The WiFi on the plane I ride every week is pretty crappy, so stops and starts is common there,

cjmnews

Staff member
That's ugly. I am glad I don't get that behavior.

Have you tried to use the VLC app and add music to that application? You would no longer have playlists, but it may play your music cleanly. I would try it for a dozen songs. I think it is difficult to manage music with it, which is why I deleted the app.

I use Overcast for podcasts and have had no issues, but then I don't have music issues either, so that may not be saying much. Apple's Podcast app just got too cumbersome to manage 1 feed with a weekly show, and when they took smart playlists away, I deleted that app too. Overcast does not have smart playlists, but since I decided to reduce my podcasts to 2, I don't need it anymore.

Apple will fix some bugs. Though they broke Bluetooth voice control in iOS 11.0 and still have not fixed it. Other issues I have seen them resolve.