iPhone/iPod Touch to get Flash support soon...?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

jason72780

saw this on digg. Credible but kinda scary for me. I'm addicted to kdice and if I can play it whenever I want I'll never get anything done.

daihard

That's what I've heard, too, but I'm not sure it will benefit me much. I mean, won't flash playback be awfully heavy on iPhone / iPod touch?

DerekVOF

Ideally Apple (or whoever is developing it) will provide an easy switch to turn Flash on and off. Otherwise, I see a lot of users complaining about horrible battery life...

daihard

DerekVOF said:
Ideally Apple (or whoever is developing it) will provide an easy switch to turn Flash on and off. Otherwise, I see a lot of users complaining about horrible battery life...
Agreed. I'd imagine it's easy to add that option to the Safari settings.

Touchmyipod

Livin' & Lovin' in SoCal
Website
www.epk.tv
DerekVOF said:
Yeah, probably a little flick of a swith, like with wifi, or java!

BlackWolf

Dumb Monkey said:
Mmm. Flash over EDGE. Can't wait to turn this feature off!
flash files are not that big. a *.bmp file over edge is worse :D

Dumb Monkey

Well, .bmp files aren't typically used in webpages, except in very small things like counters, etc. I run across flash ads much more often.

rg3n

or Steve Jobs will say " now in every iPod we make starting today will have the flash support built in And existing iPod owners will pay $20 to update" lol hehe

Stay Alive 305

iPhone 3G Owner
Website
www.myspace.com
I payed $20 for the apps and I'd pay $25 for Flash!

Flash is all over the internet.

If Mac wants to prove that they have "the whole internet" in the iPhone then they must put flash!

But it should be given to us free.

daihard

Stay Alive 305 said:
I payed $20 for the apps and I'd pay $25 for Flash!

Flash is all over the internet.

If Mac wants to prove that they have "the whole internet" in the iPhone then they must put flash!
It may just be me, but does Flash matter that much? Most of the sites that make heavy use of Flash are too slow on iPod touch anyway, aren't they?

TwistEdFish

I love the idea of Flash for the touch and Iphone as i have created a WiFi site just for the home wireless network that allows the family to connect and use their ipods to watch any 1 of our few hundred movies that i have in our media library on the server computer, Toughest part is finding a good streaming media server that isnt Flash based, I CANT WAIT FOR FLASH it will keep me from having to encode every file to be ipod/itunes/apple compliant. Id prefer to keep my music as mp3's and movies as avi's and flash would allow me to do that and still stream them on WiFi with no loss of quality.

daihard

bobbit said:
I will crash Safari 90% more than it already does. It's a stupid idea.
That's my point. I believe enabling Flash support on a mobile device will do more harm than good.