iPhone Firmware 1.1.2 Out Now

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Germansuplex

The update is out now. Engadget has the download, but I can't get to it right now. iTunes doesn't show there is an update available yet, but this often happens. You can download the firmware and then hit shift+restore in iTunes then point iTunes to where you download the firmware file.

If anyone discovers any new features, please share them.

Germansuplex

One of the first things I notice is that there is now a battery indicator next to the iPhone logo in iTunes like the iPod Classic and Nano.

Dim

Website
www.lemires.com
Surf Monkey said:
That's part of iTunes 7.5, not the 1.1.2 firmware.
I have 7.5 and don't see that on my ipod 5.5G or iPhone. I think the firmware of the device has to support it. So, technically, it's part of both.

Germansuplex

Yes, I believe it's part of both. The iPod classic was showing the batter indicator, not the iPhone. I updated my iPhone, and now it shows the indicator through iTunes as well.

Nothing exciting about the update, really.

eriqesque

User custom ringtones are working with iTunes 7.5 and the 1.1.2 Update.
1. Create a ringtone as mp3.
2. Import into iTunes.
3. Convert to ACC.
4. Rename extension to m4r.
5. Drag the file into the ringtones folder

ddollar

eriqesque said:
User custom ringtones are working with iTunes 7.5 and the 1.1.2 Update.
1. Create a ringtone as mp3.
2. Import into iTunes.
3. Convert to ACC.
4. Rename extension to m4r.
5. Drag the file into the ringtones folder

i have to try this

healage

How do I convert an individual file to ACC? I right-clicked on it, but the only option was to convert to .mp3 and it already was an mp3 file. Thanks.

Operator99

Don't Toy with my Toys!
Adding custom ringtones works great, but do you think they really intended us to be able to do this or did it slip thru and may be quashed the next go round. It's not exactly a documented feature - Ive added a number of "custom" ringtones from cd conversions - edited down to 30 seconds in Audition.

Last edited:

ytown4

Google, iPhone+ blog+ redeye and go to the first link. I can't post a link because I'm on my touch. Basically it is a good iPhone blog. He's been following this. You can only get 1.1.2 if you restore your iPhone, hasn't been released through the included iTunes updator yet. Suggests you wait a couple days till they officially release 1.1.2 to update.

phillips1021

Updated to iphone software version 1.1.2

The new software version is now available through iTunes.

The new software version 1.1.2 was downloaded and installed onto my iPhone by iTunes this morning after I plugged in my iPhone. I'll let you know what differences I find.