iPhone, dropped SMS?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

baggss

Stoopid Ameican Rednek
I just switched to AT&T when I got my iPhone last week. Since then I have noticed several occasions when my oldest daughter has texted me from her phone (still on Verizon) and the text has not been received on my iPhone. Her phone shows it as being sent and delivered but my iPhone never seems to get it. I'm not sure if this just the iPhone or connectivity between Verizon and AT&T.

Has anyone else seen this problem? It's not that frequent, maybe 1 out of every 50 texts seems to get lost/dropped but still, if you text a lot it's a big deal.

Last edited:

archurban

ipod adviser
Website
web.mac.com
well, SMS is really slow, stink. when you use the same service like AIM, Twinkle,, Twitteriffic, they're all free, faster. i think that Apple should do something for improve feature. it is not just look-good, eye-candy.

MXV

Keeper of the Punk Vault
Website
www.punkvinyl.com
When I was on verizon and my girlfriend was on ATT, we had the same problem sending txts between us, some of them just never got there so I think it is a problem between the two networks, not one with your iPhone.

kyussmondo

archurban said:
well, SMS is really slow, stink. when you use the same service like AIM, Twinkle,, Twitteriffic, they're all free, faster. i think that Apple should do something for improve feature. it is not just look-good, eye-candy.
All very true, but sadly most people can't enjoy the same luxury without paying a lot more and on an awkward interface. Hopefully things like Facebook Mobile and MySpace mobile will change that though as more networks are letting people browse Facebook, MySpace and/or Bebo for free now, so it could soon become a reality.

Sounds to me like AT&T are just shifting the blame to Verizon lol. It doesn't seem as credible coming from iPhoneAtlas.com as they are obviously going to be more pro-iPhone and AT&T.

GarySheehan

I cannot receive texts from any Verizon or Sprint phones.

I'm at 2nd level support and they have heard of this issue.

I'll update if they fix it.

Gary

GarySheehan

So, spent 90 minutes with tech support troubleshooting this one.

Couldn't receive text messages from non-AT&T customers. Turns out it was an activation problem and has since been corrected. Did quite a bit of troubleshooting with other AT&T, Verizon and Sprint friends of my via SMS and IM Chat.

If you've got this issue, AT&T should be able to fix the problem now. It's phone based and your phone will need to be turned off to receive the updated profile. Call 800-331-0500 on a landline to get this resolved.

Good luck,

Gary