iPhone Bugs/Glitches/Lack there off - Post Here

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

kris7564

Need Help!! iPod App for iPhone broken

The iPod app for iPhone automatically closes after 3 seconds of being open. I have tried all the fixes posted on the apple site :

Turn on/off phone
reset settings
reset phone by holding home button and on/off button for 10 seconds
closes all multitasking apps

Nothing seems to work. Does anyone have any advice? Can I consider this a 'hardware' issue since it's with a system application.

Thanks!

Chieft1945

Admin, If this can be made into a sticky that would be great since I dont know how.

Now that I have had a weekend of testing the iPhone out I have found a couple of bugs:

1. When taking a snap-shot from the contact-edit page to display a picture the contacts app crashes and I end up at the Home screen. This is not the case when I take a picture using the picture widget and then select the picture from the contact-edit page.
2. If you are successful in taking a picture and applying it to your contact the picture does not appear in your picture library. So if remove the contact picture you lose your picture.
3. A couple of safari crahses, especially when using the edge network.
4. Not a bug, but no way to save pictures from safari or email which sucks.
5. The calendar widget displays the current date and day of week which is good but the Weather widget does not display the current temperature from your selected city.

If you got more add them here.
Thanks
- Jorge
Assigning a contact picture via take picture with the front camera works ok with me.

BLOND37

iOS4 bug?

I think I found a possible iOS4 bug..I have a one year old 3GS running iOS4. When I get a text message, new mail, or calendar reminder, the music volume dips, the audio reminder (chime) rings and then the music volume comes back up (ok fine no problem there).. but then a few seconds after, the music volume dips a second time - no audio chime this time- and comes back up.

This happens both with the ipod function and when listening to pandora.
Happens on both 3G and wifi.
I did a reset and a full clean restore. Didnt fix it.
Does it both with phone in speaker mode and with headset.
I do not have my text chime to ring twice and even so this problem happens with mail and calendar things too.

friends have the same problem too

jasoncordelle

I think I found a possible iOS4 bug..I have a one year old 3GS running iOS4. When I get a text message, new mail, or calendar reminder, the music volume dips, the audio reminder (chime) rings and then the music volume comes back up (ok fine no problem there).. but then a few seconds after, the music volume dips a second time - no audio chime this time- and comes back up.

This happens both with the ipod function and when listening to pandora.
Happens on both 3G and wifi.
I did a reset and a full clean restore. Didnt fix it.
Does it both with phone in speaker mode and with headset.
I do not have my text chime to ring twice and even so this problem happens with mail and calendar things too.

friends have the same problem too
That's odd, but surely not a deal breaker?

jasoncordelle

well thats kinda not the point- its not supposed to do that and annoying as ---
Completely agree, but i'd end up living with it, as there are just too many things to get annoyed about these days that this would be something I'd learn to live with (or it might just be the straw that broke the postman).

ScubaDiva

The iPod app for iPhone automatically closes after 3 seconds of being open. I have tried all the fixes posted on the apple site :

Turn on/off phone
reset settings
reset phone by holding home button and on/off button for 10 seconds
closes all multitasking apps

Nothing seems to work. Does anyone have any advice? Can I consider this a 'hardware' issue since it's with a system application.

Thanks!
re sync with itunes. I had this same problem after installing 4.0 os

madone69

Over in the Apple Support forum Apple - Support - Discussions - iPhone 4 Screen Scratching ... alot of people are stating that their screens on the iPhone 4 are getting scratched very easily. They seem to think it may be a serious hardware problem with the phone. I've only had mine a few days and so far no scratches but I have been super careful with it. Just wondering if any of you are experiencing similar problems.

Website
www.ilounge.com
I've never had a problem with scratches on any of my iPhone screens, however the screen is definitely not scratch-proof, and you do have to be reasonably careful with it. I never put my iPhone in a pocket or bag that has anything else in it, much less things like keys or loose change that would obviously contribute to scratches. Mind you, my wife just tosses her iPhone into her purse with whatever else is there and she's had no issues with scratches either, which I actually find rather surprising.

IdRatherBeSki

I've never had a problem with scratches on any of my iPhone screens, however the screen is definitely not scratch-proof, and you do have to be reasonably careful with it. I never put my iPhone in a pocket or bag that has anything else in it, much less things like keys or loose change that would obviously contribute to scratches. Mind you, my wife just tosses her iPhone into her purse with whatever else is there and she's had no issues with scratches either, which I actually find rather surprising.
I am never sure why people do not put a screen protector on their phones. Both my wife and I use it for ours and we never have to worry. Something somewhere will scratch it otherwise -- just takes one moment of rushing and/or carelessness to be scratched forever.

mesmerizedmaid

I actually bought those plastic films for my iPhone's screen. :) It can get a little smudged with oil after a call, but nothing that a good wipe with tissue couldn't fix.

Ward

What's the crack with the alarm clocks on the 3Gs being up the spout in the UK?

xpresshred

Website
www.xpresshred.com
Hi,thanks for sharing the information here.I appreciate your views.I was not aware of it before and i was also facing the same problem here.It solved my problem and i'm very glad to read your post.

spence1989

iphone 4 wont activate when plugged in to usb on computer

I have a problem with my iphone. I cant charge it or work on itunes with it on my pc. it will charge no proble direct from mains.
when i attach it to my pc nothing at all happens. if i plug my ipod touch in there is no problem. it will charge, sync etc.
I have jail broken it but have not had a problem until recently.
need suggestions please as i am sur it is a simple explanation but i cant think of it.
thanks

Teste

These last weeks, I have been having a very weird problem with my iPhone. Often, when using the 3G connection, the iPhone tries to load a page and after around 30 seconds I get the message:

"Could Not Open Page.... Safari could not open page because the server stopped responding".

That appears for all internet pages, even those I know are working (such as google). It only appears when the 3G connection appears to be alive (there's no sign of the phone being without service), and I get the loading symbol as if the iPhone were trying to access internet, but nothing happens.

Often, turning the 3G connection off and on again solves the issue temporarily. I thought it was due to bad coverage in my area, but I have had the iPhone for one year now, so I already know where it works and where it doesn't; plus, restarting the 3G connection usually makes it work again even without moving around.

Has anyone else suffered a similar problem?

deejaywestbrook

A serious bug issue affecting two themes.....

I have the popular Timeless HD theme on a JB Iphone 4 running on 4.1. This theme is amazing and for months it has worked flawlessly. Until, I noticed that the clock widget will just STOP! The iphone system clock and iphone native clock (which I have with LiveClock) keeps running fine. But, the clock widget used with Timeless HD keeps stopping. Then, I have to respring through Winter Board and it does fix this but then after a few minutes of going into other apps or by just leaving the iphone alone for several minutes, when I go back to homescreen the clock widget is stopped again. What could this mean?

The same sort of issue as above is happening to another theme, called "time of day" (mainly the Lockscreen portion). For months it too has worked flawlessly as it shows a photo according to what time of day it is. This would always be displayed each time the lockscreen is displayed. However, lately if my phone has been left alone for more than say, five minutes.....and I pick it up and activate the lockscreen, the screen is just black! Then, if I respring or restart the phone it all comes back as normal. But, then after the phone is UNTOUCHED for a few minutes, the lockscreen is black again.....CRAZY RIGHT?

BTW: BOTH themes have been removed and reinstalled via cydia and this still happens....(yikes)!

Anyone have any idea what all this could mean? Both themes suddenly behaving the same way? It's gotta be a bug or glitch somewhere but, is it with Winterboard? ....maybe the themes themselves but, BOTH of them? I HOPE my whole phone isn't screwed! ....please HELP!

Thanks so much!

greens601

These last weeks, I have been having a very weird problem with my iPhone. Often, when using the 3G connection, the iPhone tries to load a page and after around 30 seconds I get the message:

"Could Not Open Page.... Safari could not open page because the server stopped responding".

That appears for all internet pages, even those I know are working (such as google). It only appears when the 3G connection appears to be alive (there's no sign of the phone being without service), and I get the loading symbol as if the iPhone were trying to access internet, but nothing happens.

Often, turning the 3G connection off and on again solves the issue temporarily. I thought it was due to bad coverage in my area, but I have had the iPhone for one year now, so I already know where it works and where it doesn't; plus, restarting the 3G connection usually makes it work again even without moving around.

Has anyone else suffered a similar problem?
I have been having the same problem with my verizon iphone 4, anyone have any suggestions besides bringing it to apple

Avanano

i got some movies play perfectly on itunes, while many failed to sync to iphone.. i have no idea... it is the problem with itunes or iphone? I still get no solution for it even now..

jackaltex

iPhone 4 proximity sensor?

My iPhone 4 will make calls, mute or hang up call while I am on a call will phone held to my ear. The iphone3 I owned previously did not have this issue. I bought mine when it first went on sale. I also have the latest OS. OS updates don't seem to have helped with this issue. Anyone know how to fix? I really don't want to go visit the black turtle neck brigade at apple store, those cats always act like jerkoffs.