iPhone Bugs/Glitches/Lack there off - Post Here

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Surf Monkey

Website
www.dvdinmypants.com
jbiz116 said:
make a long story short. i have an unlocked iphone with some third party programs instaledd..nothing too crazy.... after a couple of weeks the phone does not work. the screen is completley frozen. the only thing i can do with the phone is turn it on and off. obviously i voided warranty so whats there to do.how can i reset the phone back to its original settings. thank you

If you didn't alter the hardware, and if you can restore it, you can probably still get warranty service. On the other hand, restoring it will probably fix your problem anyway. Sounds like a software issue.

jbiz116

Surf Monkey said:
If you didn't alter the hardware, and if you can restore it, you can probably still get warranty service. On the other hand, restoring it will probably fix your problem anyway. Sounds like a software issue.
i am trying to restore it and itunes does not recognize the iphone when plugged in. how can i restore it please help. thank you

Laquidara

Website
bigmattress.com
suggestion I have for iPhone

When I am adding in a new contact, the entry box starts out with the cursor ready to go on the address line. But, the keypad below- instead of beginning with numbers (because all addresses, of course, begin with numbers) the default mode begins with an alphabetical keyboard. So it's just a slight inconvenience to always have to change the keyboard to numerics when I begin typing an address.

(By the way, I have never been in a forum format like this, so if I am out of line by commenting in this box, please forgive me. I just didn't know where to start. I believe my suggestion is valid, unless I am missing something. Thanks for letting me post here, and if there is any other way I can get this suggestion to Apple, perhaps you would help me with that).
Thanks,
CL

Last edited:

wdbeast

Problems with Itunes freezing when i now plug in my ipod

Hey dudes

I updated my itunes to be compatiable with my iphone and now if i plug in my ipod to update it, Itunes freezes.

Has anyone experienced this and how can i fix it?

Peace Love and Harmony

Germansuplex

Not sure if it's a bug, glitch or what, but I find it highly annoying that I can access a video through a playlist and it plays in landscape or portrait mode, but if I access the video directly via the "Videos" section or a music video through the album, artist. etc. fields, it only plays in landscape mode.

hasib981

i have a very strange problem. Sometimes, i plug in my iphone earphones - the music suddenly stops playing, then turns back on after a few seconds. Often the track that i am listening to changes. It is really annoying - it is as if a ghost is operating my iphone. Is this a problem with my earphones or my iphone?..:S:S:S

markmacuser

well, one thing that i dont like, and i dont know if this has happened to anyone else but, when i go to sync my iphone it take so long to back up. i cant find out the reason why. i tried erasing all my apps so then after the back up prosses i could just install them again. i tried just not backing it up at all but then it starts to cancel out of safari and apps and just bring me back to the home screen, and also edge would barely work so i needed to have wifi if i was planing on using the internet or maps.

conwaye3

I am convinced there is a problem with syncing iPhones to PC/Mac and play counts on iTunes. Im sure this wont bother everyone, but I use dynamic playlists that are based on play counts. When i sync my iPhone, it doesn't update the last played or play counts on iTunes.

My friend who used a mac has the exact same problem, but it seem to be intermittent as it only happens the majority of the time and not all the time.

Anyone else having this problem?

Apollo369

Compass and GPS not working on 3GS

I had my iphone unlocked and jailbroken and it was working fine.
Now the compass freezes up and wont work and on Maps when i click the lower left hand globe to find me, it wont. I think they must be related.

Anyone else have this or know how to fix it?

Location Services is on, everything else works great.

I've tried uninstalling all cydia products, still nothing.
Apple wont touch me cause im using T-Mobile but its an Apple problem not with my carrier(compass and maps were working fine a week ago)

poiderman

This is currently not possible to on the iPhone.
You can add songs as ringtones but the sound clip needs to be 30 seconds or less.

Convert song to AAC and then change the output song extension from .m4a to .m4r then add that to your ringtone directory.

instynx

You can add songs as ringtones but the sound clip needs to be 30 seconds or less.

Convert song to AAC and then change the output song extension from .m4a to .m4r then add that to your ringtone directory.
Actually I know you can use up to 40 second clips, I have several that are between 30 and 40 seconds that work fine.

joerule65

SMS audio alerts not sounding

Is anyone else having problems with sms audio alerts not sounding when receiving sms? Sometimes when I'm texting with someone and receive a new sms, the phone vibrates but does not sound an alert. The audio alert switch is in the up position and it works again after I turn the phone off and back on. It only happens sometimes. It seems like it happens more when the phone is locked.

jonnyboy82

I have a serious issue thats really bothering me. My iphone freezes on average 3-5 times a day. This is not a freeze that needs a reset to cure if i lock the phone and unlock a couple of times it normally sorts it out. On some occasions i have even missed calls as the phone has frozen and not allowed me slide the answer function.

Now i have been to apple and the genius done the iphone beaviour scan and he told me a couple of apps that seemed to be constantly crashing. So he told me to remove these apps which were facebook and another called fantot which is a footy team app. He also said do a restore but dont do a backup start from fresh which i have and this has still not cured the problem.

Now seeing as i have only had the phone 4 weeks now this is really starting to frustrate me especially as i use my phone for work so missing calls is just not acceptable. Orange are about as helpful as nothing which annoys me even more.

Anyone else had a similar problem or does anyone have any suggestions? I would be very grateful if you do.

Now the idea of buying an iphone was to be able to make full use all the handy apps so if they cause the phone to crash frequently what is the point in having the phone?

Thanks

helenhunt

hiii

When the iPhone is really hot and you reset it, it freezes on the apple logo. I found out that you should then reset it again and let the phone cool down before turning it back on.

SLA Batteries

jasoncordelle

Is anyone else having problems with sms audio alerts not sounding when receiving sms? Sometimes when I'm texting with someone and receive a new sms, the phone vibrates but does not sound an alert. The audio alert switch is in the up position and it works again after I turn the phone off and back on. It only happens sometimes. It seems like it happens more when the phone is locked.
Yeah - when the txt message app is open, you'll hear a faint whoosh noise - that's all. I think Apple have decided that if you're on the txt message app, you know whether or not a new one has arrived...sort of.

Basically, if you close the app, you'll hear your normal tone.

mikelarry85

Hi everyone im kind of new to this forum so please bear with me if this issue has been asked under a different thread name. i have seacrched around on this forums but could not find any topics relating to my issue. right my issue is that i have an official unlocked iphone 16gb 3gs

Explanation
So i would be caller A talking on the phone to caller B if i get a phone call from caller C while i am on the phone to caller B, caller B would be able to hear my call waiting beep tone.

i have already tried restoring to factory settings and deleted any back up just to be safe
swapping sims
restoring from a different user account on my pc

i would really appreciate any help as this issue is driving me nuts for a phone i paid 450 for thanks in advance

mikelarry85

I'd say that's a network thing, most likely...
I spoke to my network and asked them to turn off call waiting and retore the serive that didnt help. the funny thing is tho, that when i swap my sim into my old nokia e71 my issue is gone. i got a new sim card as well thinking it might have been the old one and the issue still exist, i even tried my family members sim card on the iphone the and issue exist using their sim card so i have come to the conclusion that its either

1) since the phone is not currently supported by my network maybe thats why i am having the issues

2) the iphone it self is faulty.

3) its a firmware bug

might i add i am on my replacement after returning my first iphone to apple to complain about this issue