iphone app updates gone haywire

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

deftdrummer1

The power that be.
Has anyone else had the problem of app updates displaying erratically on the iphone? For a few weeks now whenever I go into the app store on my phone it will say that I have updates ready for install which have already been installed some time ago. Anyone else experiencing this?

AlanH

Had this with my touch for the last couple of days. Five apps I'd updated kept reappearing in the update list. Problem seems to have gone away now.

boasist

OK cool, I would have 24 updates, apply the updates, then have XX updates for the same apps. Everyone makes mistakes it seems, but we already knew that since the lisa and the cube.

AlanH

Oops, spoke too soon. Downloaded and installed two updates this morning, but they're still appearing in the update list, even after a re-boot. Problem at the App Store maybe?

XciteMe83

Yes! I got this too, today. Not only that but I selected "Update Apps" on my iPhone just for the heck of it and it greyed out those Apps and wouldn't let me launch them til the updates were finished - which confused me cuz when my signal dropped out, it just stayed there.

It seems to be fine now.

iFone

Steelers Fan
I have had that same problem for over a week now. But when there is a real update, all bad updates disappear. Then they come back. If anybody finds any info on how to stop it it would be much appreciated.

FenderBender

It's gone all wonky for me too. Every time I check it's a different number from 2 to 12 and it's mostly the same apps over and over again.

iTunes downloaded a bunch of updates too, but only downloaded them once. Syncing my phone afterward didn't help.

AlanH

I've now got 6 previously installed updated apps sitting on the Updates page of the App Store on my touch. Like FenderBender, iTunes is still only downloading app updates once. It's getting slightly annoying now :confused:

deftdrummer1

The power that be.
Yeah this is really beginning to get frustrating. It worked just fine since the App Store's launch, and now for the past month its been garbage.

pss3757

yep...same here, sometimes it shows new updates....sometimes it shows updates already installed?? who knows. 2.2.1 has been the buggiest firmware for me yet.

deftdrummer1

The power that be.
No it's still happening to me. PSS3757 2.2.1 is def not the buggiest, there are barely any safari crashes anymore.

boasist

agreed, this problem is still occurring for me. Now airme won't load at all.

trevpimp

Yeah I thought it was just my network and internet lag until I came here :D

whhoooooooooooolllll..........Big relief I thought there was something wrong with my touch lol.

anyway yeah, I touch updates it will show like 5 updates I already got and when I touch it again it says "no updates available" but if you touch it again it will show the 5 updates already installed. very weird.

I just updated my iPhone and it is no longer showing apps needing to be updated even though they had been updated already. Whatever was causing the problem is fixed now.

Well the problem is back after updating my iPhone today. Now it's showing 9 apps instead of 6 that need updating but iTunes says all are up to date.

As soon as I used the app store on my iPhone this evening the problem resurfaced.

Edit 3/10/09: I just updated my iPhone today and the apps that were showing that needed updating were finally available to download. I did and the app store app is finally not showing apps needing updating.

If your still showing a number of apps needing updating then check in iTunes to see if some new updates are available. I did and found that there were newer ones available from the last time I updated.

Last edited:

AlanH

Apps problem still affecting my touch today, but this time it's just a single recurring app.