Iphone 6s battery life stinks

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

McMark

I got a phone replacement under a damage claim, and my replacement cell phone’s battery is terrible. Iphone 6s, IOS 13.3

It was only at 94% maximum capacity out of the box, which is now down to 93%. It is very slow to fully charge, and does not tolerate cold temperatures at all.

What’s worse, it rapidly loses battery charge while supposedly not doing anything. It loses half its charge while in airplane mode for two hours. It loses half its charge trying to arrange a Lyft ride. It loses half its charge reading the News app for fifteen minutes.

In addition, sometimes when it shows battery charge is very low, it will then revert to showing a higher charge level if I power cycle the phone. Other times the charge really is slow, and it shuts itself off.

I have all my apps set to not background refresh, so the phone is at least usable. This is not acceptable. My old phone this one replaced did not have any of these problems.

The phone insurance company will send me another replacement. But I am not sure I want to go through all the set up again, unless it has a chance of fixing the problem.

cjmnews

Staff member
Sounds like a bad battery. I would get the replacement from the Phone Insurance company.