iPhone 5 and 4G

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Jack-the-hat

All is great for the Americans here in the forum but anyone from the UK might just be out of luck if they want 4G/LTE on their iPhone 5. most UK networks not ready for 4G yet until somtime this summer but when they have 4G many iPhone 5 owners (myself included) will have to do without :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:

kornchild2002

I went ahead and removed the link from your post as I am not sure if you are advertising for that site or not. Either way, people can take your word for what you said.

LTE is being pushed in the U.S. yet there aren't that many carriers in other countries that are progressing. That's not really surprising especially since many parts of the world are just now getting 3G. Unfortunately Apple can't do anything about it if the carriers aren't offering an LTE connection.

jt327gir

The iPhone 5 has other benefits over, say, the 4S, besides the LTE feature. The 5 does just about everything faster. If you use a Bluetooth headset/earpiece, the 5 has Bluetooth 4.0 while the 4S is 2.1. The 5 processes and runs video much faster due to its 3 GPUs and faster A6 processor.

I kind of feel the original poster's pain - I live in an area just north of Los Angeles (San Fernando Valley) where AT&T has not yet installed LTE towers, so I don't get to enjoy LTE speeds. HSPA+ is still pretty fast, but I've been in areas of LA where the LTE speed is blistering fast.