iPhone 4 w/iOS 5 not recognized by iTunes or Mac

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

curtisrshideler

Ever since I downloaded iOS 5, my iPhone 4 has had a problem being recognized by my Mac (running Leopard 10.5.8). It doesn't happen every time I use my computer, but seems to only do it when I power down and power back up or restart the computer.

After looking everywhere online, I found Apple's support page the best help. However, my computer keeps doing this to me.

iOS: Device not recognized in iTunes for Mac OS X

And for my OSX, Apple gives me these instructions:

iTunes: How to remove and reinstall the Apple Mobile Device Service on Mac OS X 10.6.8 or Earlier

This process of deleting iTunes and files works every time, but it is a long process to do EVERY TIME I restart my computer!

Does anyone else have this problem with their iPhone (running iOS 5) and iTunes (running latest version on Leopard OSX)? If so, what have you done? And have you found a better fix than the one Apple listed above?

drbecker96

Solution to this problem

Had this same problem with my iPhone 4S, and iPad 1. Both were running 5.0.1, iTunes version 10.5.1. Using SW Update to get to 10.5.2 did not fix the problem.

Just got off the phone with Apple Express Lane support.

Tried lots of different things, but what finally worked was to redownload iTunes.10.5.2.dmg and install it manually.

Makes me wonder what kind of software QA (if any) Apple is doing these days.