iPhone 4 skipping songs

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

crashtestdummy

When I listen to a smart playlist on my iPhone 4, it will quite often play part of a song, then skip to another, play part of it, then skip to another. This seems to only happen when I'm using the ear buds that came with the phone. The smart list I'm using works fine on my iPod Classic.

Is this an ear bud problem, or an iPhone problem?

raaurora

I have had issues using my iPod (any type) at the gym with earbuds that have the in-line microphone. As soon as any sweat/moisture hits the mic, the iPod goes crazy...either skips or stops altogether. I had to buy a pair of earbuds with no in-line mic and that fixed the problem. Is there any moisture involved in your scenario that could be getting at the microphone in the earbuds?

crashtestdummy

I have had issues using my iPod (any type) at the gym with earbuds that have the in-line microphone. As soon as any sweat/moisture hits the mic, the iPod goes crazy...either skips or stops altogether. I had to buy a pair of earbuds with no in-line mic and that fixed the problem. Is there any moisture involved in your scenario that could be getting at the microphone in the earbuds?
No moisture involved in my situation, I have an aversion to sweat. I haven't really used my new ear buds very much yet, but this does seem to happen every time I've used them. I have a pair of Vibrato's ordered, so I'll see what happens with them.

hardcle

Go into Settings>iPod and see if "Shake to Shuffle" is turned on. If so, turn it off. If not, then I don't know.