iPhone 4 no longer seen by Windows 7

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

CoreyT

Hi All,
I'm hoping for some help. I've had my iPhone since about July and I had a 3G before that. They both worked fine with my current desktop running Windows 7 64-bit. Two weeks ago that stopped. I connected my phone to the computer, it started a sync, and I canceled it. Since then the computer and iTunes refuse to see the iPhone when it is connected. It still gets a charge just fine, but I cannot sync or load anything.

I have tried uninstalling iTunes, I even went so far as to remove iTunes, AMDS, Apple Update, Quicktime and all that. I reinstalled it all and still nothing. I have restarted the phone and the computer multiple times, nothing works.

I have gone into device manager, and done the trick to see missing devices, and tried to remove, update and reinstall the drivers. Nothing works. After all the reinstalls I would have expected the computer to pop up saying it is installing the device, and it does not.

Does anyone out there have some other things I can try? Or am I stuck with a phone that will never sync with my desktop again?

dcuk7

Have you tried connecting it to a different PC? The problem is either going to be something on your computer not working right or a problem with the phone. Connecting it to another PC will give you the answer and then we can go through more steps.