Iphone 3G without 3G?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Gpoop

I was thinking about getting an Iphone but I don't have any 3G coverage anywhere near me so can I get the Iphone with the edge network?

Gpoop

So if I want an Iphone I'll have to get a first gen used one?

Gpoop

Stay Alive 305 said:
If you want to buy a 1st Generation Edge iPhone you can only buy it used.

I know.

No you can purchase one from your local store but you will have to pay for 3G. Edge is automatic in the new phones if 3G is not available.
Sorry but I'm not going to pay 30 bucks a month for something I wouldn't use. I guess I'll stick to my I pod touch.

R

ReyZero

Gpoop said:
Sorry but I'm not going to pay 30 bucks a month for something I wouldn't use. I guess I'll stick to my I pod touch.
Yeah probably the best route, only reason I convinced my father and I to move to iPhones is that the price of a phone with a data plan and GPS was only $5 more then it was on Verizon, for a much nicer phone. Plus he just enjoys having a good e-mail on the go.
I'm on Wi-Fi more then I'm on anything else, but I don't see AT&T allowing iPhone owners to cancel their data plan at anytime, since there will probably be so many hidden data uses that you'll be billed at an alarming rate.

chhhrrriiisss

I don't have 3g service at my house but I don't really need it because we have wifi available here. I use it mostly when I'm out of the house though when I'm in towns that do have 3g. It is extremely useful if you don't have a phone with internet and you're on the go quite a bit.