iphone 12 wireless charger

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

centuryold

hey guys,
just bought an iPhone 12 and I'm loving it. And as everyone knows, it doesn't come with an adapter, does anyone have experience on a wireless charger? I'm planning to get one. So, any suggestions would be appreciated. thanks in advance

cjmnews

Staff member
There are 2 kinds of wireless chargers.

1. Qi chargers - Compatible with the older iPhone X through the iPhone 12 and all the Android phones that support wireless charging. You need to make sure that the phone is positioned correctly to charge. I have been using one of these for my iPhone X since it's release, and now am using it for my iPhone 12. There have been a few times that I have woken up to an uncharged phone, because I didn't position it right, or bumped it. These typically can charge at normal or high speed. Most of these chargers don't have the A/C to USB converter plug so the speed is dependent on the plug you use.

2. Mag-Safe chargers - Intended for the iPhone 12 as there are magnets in the charger and the phone to ensure the position is correct for optimal charging. The Apple one is Qi compatible so it can be used for other phones as well. These should also be capable of high or normal speed charging. I don't have one of these, as I already owned the Qi charger. I would expect it would be even better with the guaranteed alignment on the iPhone 12.

Haider Khan

iLounge Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.iLounge.com

centuryold

There are 2 kinds of wireless chargers.

1. Qi chargers - Compatible with the older iPhone X through the iPhone 12 and all the Android phones that support wireless charging. You need to make sure that the phone is positioned correctly to charge. I have been using one of these for my iPhone X since it's release, and now am using it for my iPhone 12. There have been a few times that I have woken up to an uncharged phone, because I didn't position it right, or bumped it. These typically can charge at normal or high speed. Most of these chargers don't have the A/C to USB converter plug so the speed is dependent on the plug you use. aol mail login

2. Mag-Safe chargers - Intended for the iPhone 12 as there are magnets in the charger and the phone to ensure the position is correct for optimal charging. The Apple one is Qi compatible so it can be used for other phones as well. These should also be capable of high or normal speed charging. I don't have one of these, as I already owned the Qi charger. I would expect it would be even better with the guaranteed alignment on the iPhone 12.
Thanks for the tip

viper69

I read a few years ago that wireless charging decreases battery life in general because of the heat. True for the latest phones? I can charge wirelessly, but never do it.

cjmnews

Staff member
I have not seen any battery degradation increase with wireless charging. The heat is dissipated though the front of the phone, I have not felt any increase of heat. I have been using Qi charging at night and in one car. I also charge wired when really low (too much game playing).

The battery rate of reduction seems the same from my iPhone X that I used for more than 2 years before updating to the iPhone 12. The battery reduction seemed similar to my previous iPhone 6.

Aislingdenton

hey guys,
just bought an iPhone 12 and I'm loving it. And as everyone knows, it doesn't come with an adapter, does anyone have experience on a wireless charger? I'm planning to get one. So, any suggestions would be appreciated. thanks in advance
Try Apple MagSafe charger - The best wireless charger to get for the iPhone 12
Apple's MagSafe charger makes wireless charging ridiculously easy. The magnets built into the charger and the back of your phone mean the two easily snap together and start the charging process.