iPhone 11 pro emails stuck in outbox

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

KirkDickinson

Got my new iPhone 11 Pro yesterday. Snapped some photos and then tried to email them. Did it like normal. selected the photo clicked the up arrow, selected email, typed an address and subject, then hit send.

No whoosh. Takes me back to the photos app. No photo gets emailed.

Checked the mail outbox and there it is. I figured that the mail was set up incorrectly, so deleted the account and redid it.

• I can send mail manually from mail and it goes right out.
  • If I initiate an email from the mail app and attach a photo, it goes right out.
  • If I initiate an email from the photo app, it gets stuck in outbox. I can however open the email from outbox and resend it and it will go.
Any help here?

cjmnews

Staff member
Are you sending this out at full size or at a reduced size? Some ISVs have limits on email sizes, so trying the smaller sizes may help.
Mine went out at full size (2.5 MB) and was successful iPhone X iOS 13.0. The email app asked me what size to send the photo as just before sending.

I did the initiate from the photo app as well.
How long are you waiting with it in the outbox? You could be hitting some sort of bad timing.

KirkDickinson

Are you sending this out at full size or at a reduced size? Some ISVs have limits on email sizes, so trying the smaller sizes may help.
Mine went out at full size (2.5 MB) and was successful iPhone X iOS 13.0. The email app asked me what size to send the photo as just before sending.

I did the initiate from the photo app as well.
How long are you waiting with it in the outbox? You could be hitting some sort of bad timing.
I haven't tried the lower res. That would be a good test. I will do that to see if they fire right out. The full res will go if I reopen the email from the outbox and send it from there. I don't think I am hitting an ISV limit.

When I initiate the send from the photo app, it doesn't even make the whoosh sound when it closes, but gets put into the outbox.

I waited about 30 minutes and they are still in the outbox.

Thanks,

KirkDickinson

Are you sending this out at full size or at a reduced size?
Nope, reducing size doesn't change anything. Waiting for it to go on it's own is a no-go too. Here is what was in my outbox. One from yesterday and one of each size from today. All stuck in outbox, all successfully sent manually from outbox.

This is a phone for my 80 year old father who needs simple. Opening the mail and going to the outbox to resend every single email is a no-go.

cjmnews

Staff member
In Settings->Passwords & Accounts, Fetch New Data, Email account is it set to Push or Fetch?

If set to Fetch, what is the Fetch time? Could it be reduced from hourly to 15 minutes? Could you use Push?

KirkDickinson

In Settings->Passwords & Accounts, Fetch New Data, Email account is it set to Push or Fetch?

If set to Fetch, what is the Fetch time? Could it be reduced from hourly to 15 minutes? Could you use Push?
It is set to fetch automatically. It does seem to download new emails when I open the mail program. That setting seems to work fine on my other iPhones. I will do some further testing.
Thanks,

Kirk

cjmnews

Staff member
Live Photo worked fine for me. Using Exchange email access on Push.

Since you are using Fetch, what is the interval? Manual? Faster?

cjmnews

Staff member
Automatically will send/receive in the background when plugged in and on WiFi. I would recommend using every 15 minutes if you want it to go quickly and use more battery.