Ipad reset

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Terrysutt

I have had to do a reset on my Ipad 7th gen.Things went smoothly enough
until it came to Two factor authentication.I signed in with my Apple id and password
and it said they have sent a 6 didgit code to my phone to complete the process.My phone
is a landline and I haven`t received any code and it does not accept texts.How do I contact
Apple to explain because every avenue I try it just keeps asking me for the same phone number.
I am now on my third day of trying.

cjmnews

Staff member
Apple has an article on this: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204915
In it, there is a link to add an additional phone like a home phone.
...Add a Trusted Phone Number and enter the phone number. Choose to verify the number with a text message or automated phone call ...
If you had that set up, the you could
...you can have a code sent to your trusted phone number via text message or an automated phone call instead. Click Didn't Get a Code on the sign in screen and choose to send a code to your trusted phone number. ...
I just added my land line to have another way to get the code.

Unfortunately, you will not be able to log into that site without 2 factor triggering.

If looks like they do have a process though, using iforgot.apple.com to recover your account. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204921

Terrysutt

Thanks for your reply cjmnews,yes, I went through all that you explain but I have solved it.
Apple were doing everything correct,the problem was my new phone system,apparently
there is a BLOCK CALLER option which is switched ON by default,I switched this to OFF,
and the code came immediately.It blocked any caller that`s not in the contacts list.

cjmnews

Staff member
Hard for me to know you are blocking unknown callers....good that you got it worked out

Terrysutt

Yes,I didnt know myself what was going on until I read it in the manual,
just goes to show it
s not always what you think is the obvious problem.