iPad Pro 9.7" needs case repaired or replaced.

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

gedansky

My daughter has been using my first gen iPad Pro 9.7" WiFi + LTE 256gb plus keyboard case as her laptop since we were quarantined. But, she also steals it to watch TV, read, and play games in her room and drops it behind her bed to avoid getting caught. The keyboard portfolio case is one of many that leaves parts of the device unprotected while open or folded back on itself. The diagonal crinkle/divot in the metal case, along the top, must have been caused by one of her myriad drops behind her bed.

As you can see, not only is it creased, but the metal is pushing against the edge of the screen. It's only a matter of time before the screen cracks because of this. Apple wants $379 for out of warranty repair that I'm not sure would actually include a replacement of the aluminum case/shell. A NEW iPad 11" Pro WiFi-only, with 256gb is $899.

Do I pay to get the case replaced now before it causes more damage?

Do I drive it til it breaks (which I'm sure it will) and pay for out of warranty repair?

Do I drive it till it breaks and buy a new one?

Or should I sell it while it's still good and offset the cost of a new one?

Are there inexpensive third parties that do an apple level job of replacing dinged up cases with OEM Apple parts for less?

Tell me if I'm not thinking of something here.

Thanks!