Ipad Podcast, where did they come from?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

pursuant

I am using Itunes 11.4 to synch both my Ipod and Ipad. These are suppose to be separate libraries correct? After a recent update to my Ipad I discovered a icon for podcasts, which when opened has a list of all my podcasts from my Ipod and more. They don't automatically synch but they still show up as available for download. I don't want any podcasts on my Ipad. One got downloaded accidentally and now I can't get rid of it. Any idea what is going on here?

Thanks

cjmnews

Staff member
You are not correct that the iPod and iPad have separate libraries when syncing to the same iTunes.

They can sync different stuff if you choose, or the same stuff, if you choose.

To answer the question in the subject, the app came from the IOS 8 update. You can not delete the app.

You can go into your iPad, into Settings->Podcasts and turn off Sync Podcasts. That should eliminate the updates.

Then you can go into the Podcasts app on your iPad, tap on My Podcasts, Tap Edit and tap the X on all subscriptions.

You may also need to connect your iPad to your iTunes.
Click on the iPad in the sidebar (Ctrl B to open/close 11.X iTunes) (12.x iTunes, click on the iPad in the top of iTunes)
Then click on the Podcast button (on the top in 11.x iTunes) (in the sidebar, under the iPad in 12.x iTunes)
Then uncheck the Sync Podcasts check box.

pursuant

Thanks
Did I choose to synch both my Ipod and Ipad or is that a default setting? I assume that by unsubscribing to podcasts in my ipad that it won't affect the podcasts I subscribe to in my Ipod?Is there a way to manually delete the podcast that got downloaded or will that be deleted if I change the setting in podcast on my Ipad to "delete after being played" ?

cjmnews

Staff member
It is the default setting to sync your podcasts.

Changing one device does not impact the others.

The 5th line of my original post deletes the downloaded podcasts with or without playing them.

If you turn on Delete Played Episodes they will delete 24 hours after they are played. Only on the device this setting is enabled on. If you have iTunes set to manage episodes across all devices then the playback position and played status are reflected on all devices.