iPad Not Charging

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Dusty_V

iPad Gen 3 WiFi.
A few days ago my pad stopped charging. The cable is petty old with electrical tape holding the connector on. I ordered one from Amazon. Real pretty, wire reinforced Etc. Got here this morning. Still no charge. I verified the charging port by charging my Pod & Phone, So I did a cold, clean reboot just incase, no charging. Is there a tech tip I missed or something. Any ideas or should I just put her out of her (and my) misery?
As usual any ideas, tips or flames are welcomed.
Tnx,
Dusty

UPDATE 3 Hours later:
The pad works. Plugged the cable in and the pad works. Just not charging.

Last edited:

cjmnews

Staff member
Be sure you are using the iPad plug not a computer USB port. The iPad plug provides 10W where the USB port provides 5W so there is not enough power to charge an iPad from a computer.

You must use the wall plug.

Dusty_V

Thanks, I have an 8 port USB 3.0 hub with 1 charging port. I've been charging on that port for over a year, Charge Pad, Pod & phone.
Thanks for the offering

cjmnews

Staff member
I would check your power plug in on that hub, make sure it didn't get disconnected. If that does not work, then it may be time to replace the hub.

Dusty_V

thanks again but you're not quite getting it. I charge all my devices on that port. There's no way it couldn't be working. I'm charged my iPod, iPhone and every other non-apple device I have. I mean I could replace the hub and I've toyed with the idea but 6 ports in service and the charging port all work fine. I'm lost, I'll probably get a new one with more USB 3.0 ports. Here I come Amazon.
Thanks for the ideas.
Dusty

cjmnews

Staff member
iPhones and iPods only need 5W to charge, and it seems the port is providing that amount. It is possible if you have only 1 device on the hub needing power that the PC it is connected to is providing enough power for those devices.

If you were charging your iPad from it (needing 10W) then there must have been a power cord from an outlet to the hub to enable that level of power. I am suspecting it got unplugged and that is why the iPad can't charge. It's either that or hub is slowly degrading.