iPad Misbehaving

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

ealvin

All of a sudden I'm having a few new problems with my old iPad 4.

First, I get messages that there is a problem with the Internet, but I don't have any problems on any other devices (and we have 5 devices between my wife and I). In the upper right corner all I see is the word "iPad." I don't see my wi-fi or my VPN icon. Typically when something like this happens I can turn off my VPN or reboot the iPad to solve the problem. But today, no such luck.

Two, this is also new today (I wonder if there is a commonality here?). Sometimes when I plug it into my charge cable it works fine, at other times I get a message saying, "not charging." It can also be successfully charging for a while but but when I look at it it will show it's not charging. (I can tell because the % charge has increased). This has happened when I haven't touched the iPad, so it isn't due to something I may have done.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for your help.

cjmnews

Staff member
The charging could be caused by the cable. I would try a different cable, if you have a different wall plug that can provide the full power an iPad needs I would try that as well. Another possibility is the hole the cable plugs into has lint or other obstructions that could be causing the charging to be inconsistent. Cleaning it with something non-metallic may help.

The WiFi issue seems odd. It suggests that there maybe something wrong internally in the operating system. I would suggest backing it up to a PC or iCloud, then restore it. That will erase everything from it, load a new copy of the operating system, then restoring the back should make it back to normal. You may need to re-enter passwords but it should be back to normal.