Inverted the screen, finally.

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

ryno3xx

Website
homepage.mac.com
Please choose the appropriate forum for this topic. Thank you. After several months of wanting to do so, I finally inverted my iPod's screen last month. Below are pictures, albeit from my cameraphone. Any thoughts?

Parts:
Torx Screwdriver set
Xacto knife
Linear Polarizing Filter Film
Much Patience

The hardest part was separating the existing polarizing filter from the LCD, as it is hard and the LCD brittle, but when all is said and done it's a pretty sweet looking mod.

Attachments

willhockey16

Website
geocities.com
I remember I once did something like that on a 4g for a second or so by connecting a nine volt to the green and white wires on the ipod connector cable. But this is one of the cooler mods Ive seen so far.

kornchild2002

That looks pretty darned good. If my iPod wasn't still under warranty I would probably do a mod like this (or shipping it off to a company and get a different colored LCD backlight).

The last picture looks deceiving though. I thought there was a large scratch on your iPod. I then realized that it was the reflection of your phone.

Good job on the mod.

ryno3xx

Website
homepage.mac.com
I think I'm going to sell it. I just picked my iPod nano, so don't really have a need for a larger iPod. Any ideas on the price I should ask for it? It is a 20GB with a new battery...

ryno3xx

Website
homepage.mac.com
To answer the questions:

No. It does not use more battery. The direction of the polarization filter has been changed, but no electronic modifications were made.

The Rainbow effect is less visible, as it only still shows up in the white portion of the screen.